This week was all about chugging…water that is. Let’s get it out of the way. I admit it. I am not a big water drinker But I find that when I drink all of my water (I am trying to drink 80-100 oz a day) that I, not only feel better, but I lose weight!
It’s hard to force myself to drink that much but, when you see the scale move, you go run and chug some more. One of the ways I get myself to drink more water is by using a large tumbler. The bigger the better. Bonus if it has a straw. I don’t know but I find the water goes down faster when I drink with a straw.
Need some more reasons to drink your water? Here’s 5!
5 Reasons to Drink More Water
1. Weight Loss. Drinking water removes by-products of fat, fills up your stomach so you feel full and reduces your hunger, and raises your metabolism. And also? It has zero calories!
2. Healthier Skin. Drinking more water moisturizes your skin keeping it fresh, glowing, and smooth! I definitely notice a difference in my skin when I’m properly hydrated.
3. More energy! Who doesn’t need that, right? Your brain is mostly water, so drinking water helps keep you focused and alert. It also helps boost your energy levels!
4. Get rid of your headaches. A symptom of dehydration is headaches. A lot of times, our headaches are caused by being dehydrated. I know this is the case for me most times.
5. Your body needs it! You could go 4-8 weeks without food. But without water? You would only last about a week!