This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
I feel like I took a hiatus on cooking lately. Things have been so crazy and hectic that we were either eating out, grabbing pizzas, or eating a family member’s house the past few weeks. This week, things were back to some-what normal and it was time to get back to cooking dinner every night. Eating out takes it’s toll on your wallet.
Like most of you out there, I have a ton of dinner ideas pinned on Dinner Pinterest board. And, like most of you out there, I pin them and forget them. When I was making my meal plan and shopping this for this week, I headed over to Pinterest to pick a few new dishes out to try.
So far? We’ve had success with two of the new dinners. The real hit has been Beef Noodle Casserole.
Beef Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 tsp oil
- 1½ cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente and drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Let mixture come to a boil until thickened.
- Mix the meat mixture with the pasta and spread it into the prepared dish. Top with the mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.