Posts by shorts:
- 1¾ cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh Meyer lemon juice or regular lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons finely grated Meyer lemon peel or regular lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of Felix's Lingonberry with Blueberry Jams
- Line 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving generous overhang.
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream while making custard.
- Whisk 1¼ cups sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt in large metal bowl to blend.
- Set bowl over large saucepan of simmering water and whisk constantly until yolk mixture is thick and fluffy and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 170°F, about 4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over simmering water. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until cool, thick, and doubled in volume, about 6 minutes.
- Fold in chilled whipped cream. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan and smooth top. Tap loaf pan lightly on work surface to remove air pockets. Fold plastic wrap overhang over top to cover.
- Freeze semifreddo until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Reesa’s Triple Berry Pound Cake
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb walnuts
- 1 stick of butter melted
- Beat egg white until stiff. Mix in brown sugar until combined.
- Toss in walnuts and mix until well covered.
- Melt butter on cookie sheet. Place nuts on cookie sheet and turn over to cover them with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes turning often to evenly brown.
- Shake to separate. Let cool and enjoy!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Felix products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
It may be still winter but I am looking forward to warmer weather and summer vacation. Which is why I decided to dive into the world of semifreddo and try my hand at making this cool treat.
I’ve been looking for an ice cream maker at Goodwill but have had no luck in the hunt. So while I am waiting to score this holy grail item, I thought I would try making semifreddo.
Semifreddo, (in Italian, half cold) is a class of semi-frozen desserts made from eggs, sugar and cream. This no churn cold dessert can be made quickly and enjoyed for up to three days. The sky is the limit when it comes to semifreddo. You can make any flavor your little heart desires.
I love a refreshing lemon cold treat so I decided to try that for my first try at semifreddo. But I also have a little secret ingredient, Felix’s Lingonberry with Blueberry Jam!
Lemon Semifreddo with Lingonberry & Blueberry Ripple
Try a new twist on turkey. Get a fresh point of view on PB&J. Or spread it on waffles and pancakes. Felix Lingonberries, the leading lingonberry jam in Sweden and the USA, can now be enjoyed in a trio of delicious new versions: Lingonberry with Blueberry and Lingonberry with Ginger for both sweet and savory meals and recipes, and coming soon, a brand new flavor, Lingonberry with Spiced Apple and Cinnamon.
You can learn more about Felix Jams’ products on their website. Looking for more recipes? Check out more Felix Jams recipes from the #MomBlogTourFF!
FELIX JAMS GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive an assortment of Felix Jams! This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end March 2, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.
Over the holidays, we visited my husband’s grandparents and it was there that his grandmother passed down a recipe to me. Let me back track.
Picture it. Me. Sitting at the dining room table with a plethora of Christmas treats in front of me. And I spy some Walnuts. But they aren’t just your ordinary walnuts. They are candied walnuts.
Hard to believe that I have never had one in my life until a few months ago. But all it took was one and I was hooked. I snacked on these candied walnuts throughout our stay. I begged her for the recipe. I wasn’t leaving without it!
What’s even harder to believe is that is has taken me over a month to make these bad boys myself. I was just waiting for the perfect time. I had a bunch of egg whites left after making a lemon semifreddo and I didn’t want to waste them. So while I waited for my semifreddo to get firm, I whipped up a batch of candied walnuts!
I’ve partnered with the Vaseline team to share my top Winter Skin Care Tips.
We’ve been lucky this winter. It hasn’t been that cold. Regardless of the temperature, I have to up my skin care routine in the winter to keep the scaly skin away. No one likes dry flaky skin so I have to take care of it all winter long.
5 Winter Skin Care Tips
1. Moisturize! No brainer, right? Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Essential Healing Lotion leaves skin deeply moisturized and looking noticeably healthier. The secret? Vaseline® Intensive Care™ lotions contain deep healing moisturizers plus Vaseline® Jelly that absorb deeply to heal dry skin. All Vaseline® Intensive Care® lotions can be used daily and are available at Walmart and other food, drug and mass retailers nationwide.
Every purchase of Vaseline® lotion (or jelly) in the U.S. will help support Direct Relief through a buy one to help heal one promotion. Learn more at and see the difference The Vaseline® Healing Project is making.
2. Hydrate. Glowing radiant skin is as simple as drinking water. However, I am such a slacker when it comes to drinking water. It is something you should do all the time but I have never been a fan of water. Hydration will help give your glowing and radiant skin. That’s enough for me to start drinking more water!
3. Use SPF. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can skip the sunscreen. Pick a foundation that includes an SPF. While the rest of you is bundled up, your face is still exposed to the sun and elements. The sun’s rays can still penetrate your skin and cause damage no matter the season! Make sure you to protect your face and don’t forget your sunglasses!
4. Easy up on Exfoliating. Keep the exfoliating to a minimum, about twice a week. Since exfoliating will help get rid of dry, flaky skin, it is still important to do. Make sure you use a lighter pressure when scrubbing as well.
5. Skip the hot showers. This is another hard one for me to break. I love hot showers! The hotter the better! But hot water opens your pores and causes moisture loss which means dry skin! I need to work on taking lukewarm showers in the winter.
By following the simple winter skin care tips above, you can combat dry winter skin!
How do you combat dry winter skin? Do you have a winter skin care tip?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Essential Healing Lotion.
This post is sponsored by Coupons.com. All opinions are 100% my own.
We are in the middle of planning an epic family vacation (for 10 people) to Disney World! Every detail, every meal, and every ride has been planned out.
When we first started our planning, we talked about many different options. Trying to plan a trip to accommodate 10 people can be difficult. One of the things we discussed was staying at an Extended Stay America.
Extended Stay America is the perfect place to stay when you’re planning a long trip because each room includes a fully-equipped kitchen that includes a stove, microwave, and refrigerator. No more microwave-only meals or expensive meals out! A great way to save money when you are feeding a lot of people.
They also have on-site guest laundry so you won’t need to worry about lugging your dirty clothes to a nearby laundromat or stuffing it back into your luggage. I love doing my laundry while on vacation so I don’t have to do it when we come back!
One of the things that I consider a must when booking a place to stay is they must have coffee! Extended Stay America offers easy and fast grab-and-go breakfasts along with hot coffee. When breakfast and coffee are provided, you can save a lot of money on breakfast.
Get 18% off 1-29 nights now – 2/21 with promo code MB7CB! Offer expires February 21, 2017.*
Enter to Win Two free nights’ stay at Extended Stay America!
Giveaway begins 12:00am EST on February 7th and will end at 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, March 7th. Enter below.
Offer good for one reservation booked online by 3/31/17, with a departure/check-out date on or before 6/30/17. The two free nights must be used within the same stay, and any unused free nights will be forfeited. The lowest-rated two nights within your stay will be deducted from your bill upon check-out. Reservations are based on availability and must be made online at ESA.com. Additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or special rate, including Advanced Purchase. Valid only on original reservations and not on any reservation extensions. Offer is non-transferable, non-cancelable and not redeemable for cash or credit. Offer not valid on current or pending reservations. Offer valid only at Extended Stay America brand hotels.
*18% off 1-29 nights offer good for one reservation booked on ExtendedStayAmerica.com by 2/21/17, with a check-out date on or before 6/30/17. Discount applied at hotel upon check-out. Reservations based on availability. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or negotiated or special rate, including but not limited to Advanced Purchase. Valid only on original reservations. Discounts do not apply to extensions/modifications. Cannot be applied to reservations already booked. Only one promotion discount per thirty days can be used by the same guest at the same hotel location. Offer valid only at Extended Stay America hotels.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOSuperDunk #CollectiveBias
When I look back on my childhood, there are few constants that pop up: friends, family, and food. Growing up in an Italian family, food always brings everyone together.
One of the memories that I look back on often were all the dinners we had at my grandfather’s house. They always went the same way. Family gathered at Pop Pop’s house. Kids played in the basement. Dinner was served. And the kids went back to play. But then there was a special moment. When I would walk into the kitchen and grab a little treat for after dinner.
And they were always there. A cookie jar filled with OREO cookies. Armed with a glass of milk, I would sit at the kitchen table and dunk my OREO cookies. And soon enough, my grandfather would sit down with me. With his own stack of OREO cookies and glass of milk.
Week after week, we would have our little time at the table together over a glass of milk and stack of OREO cookies. Now that he has been gone for a few years, I think back on those moments more often. And I started the same little tradition with my own kids.
To start them off, I had to find out which OREO cookie was their favorite. When I was a kid, I had one option: Original. Now? The options are endless but we stuck with the basics: Original, Golden, and Double Stuff. I grabbed our supplies at our local Redner’s Markets.
To figure out which were our favorites, we had ourselves a little OREO Challenge.
We tried one of each flavor and recorded our answers on our printable OREO Challenge chart. And you know what? We all love Original OREO cookies!
And now that we have our favorite stocked in our cookie jar, it’s time to get our dunk on. And this is where we differ. Over the years, I’ve perfected my dunk. I don’t like to get messy so I use a fork to dunk my OREO cookies.
But the kids? They love to go old school and dunk away!
And sometimes they get a little adventurous and have some fun with their dunking! It’s ok to let the kids be a little messy sometimes.