Cheeseburger Macaroni is a family favorite that can be cooked and on the table in 20 minutes!
We are in the final countdown until the first day of school and I am starting to panic about dinner time! There will be days that I literally will have no time to get dinner on the table, let alone have time to make anything. This means, I need family approved and easy dinners at my disposal.
One of my family’s all-time favorite dinner recipes is Cheeseburger Macaroni. You do not have to reach for the box mix for this one! This Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe is just as easy as using a box mix. I promise.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef with some minced onion. Drain.
- While you are browning your ground beef, cook pasta.
- Add together in skillet and keep on warm.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add flour and whisk together until fragrant and turns light brown in color.
- Whisk in milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese until melted.
- Mix into beef and pasta mixture. Stir to combine.
— Add some taco seasoning.
— Mix in your family’s favorite vegetables like tomatoes or broccoli.
— Use frozen shredded hashbrowns instead of pasta to recreate Cheesy Hashbrowns!
If you need to save yourself some prep time, you can brown your ground beef and cook your pasta ahead of time. When you are ready to get dinner together, just throw them back in the skillet and warm. Make your cheese sauce and mix in gently.
Since you can use just about any type of pasta for this recipe, I like to use up all those almost empty boxes of pasta in the pantry. We have found that shells, bow tie, and elbow macaroni work best.