Disclosure: I made a delicious meal with Campbell’s® Sauces as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are my own. #CampbellsSauces
You guys, this week has been…well it’s just been. My house has been hit with some sort of plague, which means the house looks like a bomb went off. The one constant this week has been dinnertime. The kids still needed to eat. Those of us who were sick with the plague needed something warm and comfy to eat. So of course I turned to the ultimate comfort food: Chicken Pot Pie.
But I really didn’t have the strength or energy to go all out. I had to use a short cut. My lifesaver? Campbell’s® Oven Sauces take just 5 minutes of prep, and you can do it while your oven is pre-heatin!
Simply add chicken, veggies and sauce to an oven-safe dish and bake for 40 minutes for a delicious dinner. Voila!
While the casserole was in the oven, I could just sit back down on the couch (and rest) and know that in about an hour my family would have a warm and hearty dinner (and let’s not forget easy!).
When putting the casserole together, the recipe called for biscuits on the side. One of my favorite things about Chicken Pot Pie is the flaky crust. Instead of serving the biscuits on the side, I put them right on top of the casserole (about 15 minutes before it was done) to create a faux crust.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts OR 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 ½ lb.) cut in 1" pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables OR peas and carrots
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cut in ½" pieces (optional)
- Refrigerator Biscuits
- 1 package of Campbell’s® Chicken Pot Pie Oven Sauce
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Place chicken and vegetables into 13x9x2" baking dish. Add sauce and stir to coat.
- Bake 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Place refrigerator biscuits on top of casserole about 15 minutes before done. Cook until golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes.