Eat this easy beer and cheddar dip with slices of baguette, crackers or chips!
In a few short weeks, the kids will be headed back to school and the weather will start to get a bit cooler. Come fall, comes football and with football comes snacking. Some of my favorite Sundays are sitting around, watching football (no seriously) and snacking. My husband and I used to do this before kids and have continued this Sunday tradition. It’s a great time for everyone to just chill and relax.
Since we do a lot of snacking on Sundays, I try to come up with new recipes for us to try. Cheese dips are always a favorite and there are about a million ways you can make a cheese dip.
This beer and cheddar dip is so easy to make. You probably have all of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry! All you need is butter, flour, Dijon mustard, salt, milk, beer and cheese. See that’s all you need!
This cheese dip only takes a few minutes to make and will be ready for an afternoon of dipping! Melt the butter in a pot and then whisk in some flour making a roux. Next add milk a splash at a time. Pour in the beer and add the dijon and salt. Stir over the heat until it’s thick and bubbling. Melt in the cheese and then you are ready to dive on in!
You can serve your beer and cheddar dip with sliced baguettes, chips, veggies, whatever! If you like this Beer and Cheese Dip, I think you’ll also really like this Restaurant Queso Blanco Dip.
Ready to make this Easy Beer and Cheddar Dip for yourself?
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk, divided
- ½ cup beer
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the better. Whisk in the flour.
- Take the pan off of the heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the milk until smooth. Then whisk in 2 more tablespoons. Add ¼ cup of the milk and whisk that until smooth followed by the final ¼ cup of milk.
- Stir in the beer, dijon, and salt. Return the pan to medium heat and stir until thick and bubbling, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese one big handful at a time, whisking after each addition to melt it in. Taste and add more salt and cayenne if desired.