This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
The holidays are quickly approaching and my mind it thinking about all of the food. What am I going to make for Thanksgiving dinner? What Christmas cookies do I want to make this year? Should I make my usual breakfast casserole for Christmas morning? What dessert should I bring for Christmas dinner?
So many decisions. So many yummy things to make.
When I was asked to try my hand in making Oreo Cookie Balls, I knew this would be slam dunk. Who could resist an Oreo Cookie Ball? Ok, I know one person who would but he’s so weird when it comes to these kinds of things, he doesn’t count. Hi, honey!
Back to the Oreo Cookie Balls.
Last weekend, I thought I would try the recipe out and make a test batch. Big mistake. Huge. Because now? I want to eat all of the Oreo Cookie Balls. Thank goodness, my husband works in an office. I made him take them all away. Ok, ok, I kept a few in the fridge but most are out of the house!
The process of making the Oreo Cookie Balls is easy. Crush the Oreos. Mix in Cream Cheese. Freeze. Dip in chocolate. Bam! Oreo Cookie Balls.
And then I tried to get a little fancy. What do you think? Fail? Cute? Are you laughing?
It’s ok. I laughed a little too. And so did someone else. Hi, honey!
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Customize it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.