Thank you to ACME Markets for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Recently, I went to Chicago for the O Organics® ‘Organic for All™’ event. At the interactive event, I collaborated with some amazing bloggers on simple and delicious ways to enjoy ACME Markets’ extensive line of USDA-certified organic O Organics products, perfect for any time of day.
ACME believes everyone should have the opportunity to go organic, which is why they offer their high-quality O Organics brand at a value compared to leading national organic brands. O Organics is now the top-selling organic brand in their stores, with more than 300 products—from fresh fruits and vegetables, to wholesome dairy and meats, cereals, snacks and more. This year, ACME is adding more than 100 new items to the O Organics line!
Also at the event was registered dietitian Annessa Chumbley. Annessa shared her favorite ways to fit affordable organic ingredients into every meal or snack and I picked up a few tricks from her, like using salsa as a great filler item in meals like pasta, meatloaf, and more! I mean why didn’t I think of that before!
Not only did I pick up new tricks, but I also tried new food! Even though I like to cook (and like to eat), I don’t usually venture outside of my foodie box. But when you are at an event with amazing food, you try it! And now I have new dish that I am making a lot.
Confession: I never had a sweet potato until I was in Chicago last month. True. Story. So of course now that I have a new favorite, I am making it all the time. These Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos is super simple to throw together. You can eat the sweet potato and black bean filling as tacos or a side dish for roasted chicken.
Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- 1½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled if desired and diced into ½-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp O Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5) oz can O Organics Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbsp O Organics Honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh O Organics Cilantro (optional)
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: lettuce, feta cheese, diced avocados, O Organics Salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil then place sweet potatoes on foil. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste then toss to evenly coat. Bake in preheated oven 15 - 20 minutes until tender, removing from oven and tossing once halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add onion and saute until caramelized (golden brown on edges and tender), about 5 - 6 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sauteing. Reduce heat to medium-low, add in drained black beans, corn, honey and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro. Serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.
I get my O Organics products at ACME Markets, but if you are outside of the Philadelphia area, O Organics products are available at Albertsons Companies stores across the country, including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Pavilions and Star Market.