I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Two Rivers Coffee products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
Just when we thought we were going to escape winter without a major snow storm, we get hit! Instead of breaking out the short-sleeve tees and flip flops, I was pulling out hot chocolate to warm up the boys after playing in the snow.
I love that they equate snow days to hot chocolate because it’s a childhood memory that I have myself. I always make sure I have some hot chocolate waiting for them when they finally come in from sledding.
Since they have been asking for hot chocolate a lot this week, I decided to take their favorite drink and turn it into a warm and gooey dessert. Yup, I’m talking Hot Chocolate Dump Cake.
You can whip this up while the kids are outside sledding and have it ready with a cup of hot chocolate. It’s super simple to make and I think we are going to have a new favorite snow day snack.
The best part? You can use any flavor hot chocolate to change this up. Thanks to Two Rivers Coffee line of Tootsie Roll Hot Chocolates, you can make just about any flavor cake. Take the classic route and use Tootsie Roll for a super chocolaty taste. Or use Junior Mints for a Mint Chocolate Chip Cake.
Hot Chocolate Dump Cake
- 1 package (3.4 oz) chocolate-flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tootsie Roll K Cup, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat dry pudding, half of the Tootsie Roll K Cup, and milk with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in cake mix and 2 cups of the miniature marshmallows until combined. Spread batter evenly in bottom of pan. Scatter chocolate chips evenly on top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out almost clean. Immediately sprinkle remaining 2 cups miniature marshmallows on top. Cool completely in pan, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle top lightly with remaining Tootsie Roll hot chocolate mix just before serving. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
Now, there’s another way to enjoy the perfectly chocolaty treats from the entire Tootsie Roll family of candies which include Junior Mints, Charleston Chew, Sugar Babies, and Andes Mints.
Two Rivers Coffee has created a new line of creamy hot cocoas and coffees based on those iconic candy flavors in single serve cups and in instant packets so you can enjoy each of them one hot and delicious cup at a time.
You can learn more about Two Rivers Coffee products on their website and by following along on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Looking for more recipes? Check out more Two Rivers Coffee recipes from the #MomBlogTourFF!
- Krissy’s Junior Mint Hot Chocolate Brownies
- Reesa’s Tootsie Roll Frappucino
- Kylee’s Chocolate Mocha Cream Pie
Two Rivers Coffee Giveaway!
One lucky winner will receive assorted flavors of Tootsie Roll Industries Hot Cocoa K-cups and Instant Packets. This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ only and will end at 11:59pm ET on March 31, 2017.
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.