One of my biggest challenges of being a mom is making a meal that pleases the entire family. There is always someone who looks at my meal and says they don’t like it. Just by looking at it. But that’s another problem in itself in our house!
Having picky eaters means that I don’t get to experiment often. This leads to us eating
the same thing over and over again. And, well, that can get pretty boring.
And miraculously, it was a hit! You don’t always have to have pasta when cooking Italian and you don’t always have to slave away in the kitchen, either.
My secret? Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce. Yup, it is! Yes, this Italian girl raised on homemade sauce 9 times out of 10 goes for the jar. It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s convenient. And it’s good! Especially, when I am creating something new for dinner! This dish could also be a delicious addition to any holiday meal that the whole family will love!
While these two recipes are delicious on their own (and the potatoes could be a fabulous side dish for the holidays), I saved a ton of time by putting them together.
While the chicken was cooking, the potatoes were boiling. When they were nice and soft, I took the potatoes out and cut them into cubes while the chicken was finishing up.
When they were both done, I threw them in a dish, covered them with the sauce, and off it went into the oven.
I topped it off with some fresh mozzarella cheese and we had a melty, warm dinner on the table!
I want to know. How do you get creative in the kitchen? Have you ever mashed up your favorite meals before?
Ragú has the authentic Italian taste families’ love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make recipes. Visit the below for even more delicious recipes and inspiration for your own recipe mash ups!
- Visit Ragú® Sauce Masters for additional ways to get involved and learn more.
- Visit www.Facebook.com/RaguSauce for additional delicious and easy Ragú® recipe
- Visit www.Pinterest.com/ragusauce/ for additional recipes mash ups and recipe ideas!
- Check out Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #NewTraDish ideas!
- 3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 red potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- fresh mozzerella
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil or microwave the potatoes until slightly undercooked.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet. Add chicken and brown well on both sides.
- Place cooked potatoes in dish and top with cooked chicken. Pour Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce over chicken and potatoes and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered.
- Remove from oven and lay sliced fresh mozzerella on top of each chicken breast. Bake until cheese is melted.