I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
This past week, I have been not quite 100%. No true “sick” symptoms, just feeling blah. When doing our grocery shopping at Walmart, I got the the craving for soup. Soup always makes me feel better when I am sick! Normally, I would head to my favorite bakery and grab a soup in a bread bowl. But since I was already at Walmart, I figured I could easily pick up my supplies there and make it myself.
I was honestly shocked to find in the Walmart Bakery a bread bowl. Or bread boule, to be exact.
Next on my list was figuring out which soup would fit the “feel better” bill. There’s something about chicken pot pie that is so comforting but I thought it would be too heavy on my “not feeling quite right” self. So I decided to turn it into a soup!
I picked up some Knorr Homestyle stock for my soup. Yes, people. I was making this soup. No soup from a can! If I was going to do the soup in a bread bowl thing, I was going to do it right!
Now that I had my ingredients, it was time to get down to business!
- 1 Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock tub
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- ½ medium chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- fresh ground pepper
- 10 oz frozen classic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, cornm potatoes)
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small
- Melt 1 tub of Knorr Homestyle Stock into 3.5 cups boiling water; stir until dissolved.
- While stock is cooking, combining ½ cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables and return to boil.
- Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetable are soft.
- Add chicken, and slowly whisk in flour mixture, stirring well as you add.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens.
- Pour into bread bowl and enjoy!
It was just what I needed! The soup and bread bowl hit the spot. Perfect comfort food for whenever you are feeling under the weather or on a chilly fall day!