Summer is quickly approaching which also means there will be a ton of invites to picnics, BBQs, and cookouts. I also like to bring a cute and easy treat with me and I normally fall back to my standard Hamburger cookies. Hey, they are quick and easy! You can’t blame me right? But this year, I wanted to switch things up a bit and try a different cookie treat, Nutter Butter Flip Flop Cookies.
I have seen Nutter Butter Flip Flop cookies all over Pinterest and they look super easy to make. I mean after all, you just have to draw on some lines on them and call it a day. And? They look adorable!
These would be perfect for a Last Day of School celebration or for a pool party! There possibilities are endless all summer for your to bring these with you to cookouts and picnics.
Nutter Butter Flip Flop Cookies
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Assorted tubes of decorating frosting (gel in a small, fine tube works best)
- Flower shaped sprinkles
- Begin by squeezing a bit of frosting from each tube onto a test surface. You want it to come out smoothly and evenly. Testing it ahead of time and warming the tube up a bit with your hand with help.
- Place each cookie so it is running vertically. This will make the frosting application easier.
- Start at the indentation on the side of the cookie. Make a line from the indent down to the bottom/center of the cookie.
- Repeat the process, but this time you start the line from the opposite indentation. Make sure your lines meet at the bottom of the cookie.
- While the frosting is still wet, place a sprinkle or two at the center of the lines (where the lines meet) to act as an embellishment. We used small sugar flower sprinkles which worked great. Just press one right into the frosting.
Looking for more ways to use Nutter Butters? You can turn them into ice cream cones, puppy dogs, or even high heel shoes! Nutter Butters are seriously underrated and could be used to make adorable treats for any party!