THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY AMAZON. ALL OPINIONS ARE OUR OWN.
Some of our favorite holiday traditions are baking and reading. It’s sharing in those memories and stories with our kiddos is what makes the season for us. The season gets even sweeter when we share tales or variations of tales that we remember as children.
One of our favorite books growing up was If You Give A Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff. So of course it’s only natural that we would love If You Give A Mouse a Christmas Cookie for Christmastime. What we love even more is seeing the classic come to life.
We cannot wait to celebrate the kickoff of Christmas by streaming the adorable new Amazon Original holiday special, If You Give a Mouse a Christmas Cookie, premiering Friday, November 25!
Now to tie in some baking! We had the kiddos get involved in baking these, to help them we used the Real Cooking Ultimate Baking Kit by Skyrocket Toys. We were thankful that they were able to participate in making these cookies easily since the tools were made to make it easy for them. The mixing bowls suctioned in place which helped to keep our cooking space clean. They loved the One-Touch Egg Cracker because it was fun to use and kept our dough shell-free.
To mark the special occasion we will be making our very own mice cookies. You can too with this easy recipe.
Once you make your cookie dough, roll into 1 inch balls. Pinch the front to create a mouse shape. Add slivered almonds for ears, two mini-chocolate chips for the eyes, and an M&M for the nose!
Once baked, add a 2 inch piece of black shoestring licorice for the tail!
- 1 Cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ½ Cup butter, softened shopping list
- ½ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoons M&M’s
- 4 Teaspoon miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 48 Pieces black shoestring licorice
- In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert 2 slivered almonds in center of each ball for the ears.
- Add one M&M for the nose and 2 chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until set.
- Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for the tail
- Let cool in pan for 4 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The special is written and produced by Ken Scarborough (Doug, Curious George, Martha Speaks, Arthur, Saturday Night Live) and stars Mason Mahay (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie), Roger Craig Smith (Avengers Assemble, Wreck-It Ralph), Jessica DiCiccio (Over the Hedge), Jeff Bennett (Futurama), and Lara Jill Miller (The Loud House, Henry Hugglemonster, Doc McStuffins).
If You Give a Mouse a Christmas Cookie also features an original song, “Christmas Cookie Song,” by Lisa Loeb, available exclusively on Amazon Music to download and stream beginning November 25.