I have two more days before school is officially out and both kids are home. All day. Every day. Until school starts back up again in September. While I am looking forward to the summer of us, I know my alone time is going to be pretty much non-existent. This means I need to look for quick ways that I can take care of myself.
I won’t have the time to spend an afternoon at the spa (even though I would really love to) but that doesn’t mean I can’t have little spa moments at home, like with this super simple Exfoliating Oatmeal Face Mask.
With three simple ingredients, you can whip up this face mask the next time you have 20 minutes to yourself!
Exfoliating Oatmeal Face Mask
For the face mask, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon ground oatmeal
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon milk
1. In a small mixing bowl, use a fork to mash half of a ripe banana into a lump-free pulp.
2. Min in 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal. Combine ingredients thoroughly.
3. Wash your face with lukewarm water to open your pores, and pat dry with a soft towel. Using clean fingers, rub the mask into your face in a circular motion. Apply the mask in a slightly thick layer so it has time to sink in.
4. Keep your mask on for 10-15 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water without soap. Splash cold water onto your face to close your pores and pat dry with a towel.
Another way you can sneak some time in for yourself is when you are washing the dishes! Hear me out, ladies. With Dawn Renewal, I can wash away grease while moisturizing my hands and keeping them soft and leave my dishes sparkling clean. Talk about pulling double duty!
Dawn wants you to simply your summer with Dawn Hand Renewal! One lucky reader will win a Dawn Hand Renewal Gift Pack consisting of A Bottle of Dawn Hand Renewal, Hand towel, Headband, Mixing bowl, A Maple Muddler, Oatmeal, and Oatmeal face mask recipe. Enter today, giveaway ends June 27, 2014!
Disclosure: This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Dawn. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.