I have partnered with Schick Intuition to make packing for vacation easy! #SchickAmbassador
It has been a whirlwind four days. I literally just got back from New York City and now I am turning around and heading on vacation for a week with the family! I have been packing and doing laundry and packing some more for not one but two trips at the same time.
This has been a real test for me. I am usually a last minute packer but I didn’t have that luxury this time. I needed to be efficient and organized. After all, some of what was going with me to New York was also coming with me on vacation. I learned a thing or two while packing so now I am passing those tips along to you!
Travel Packing Tips
1. Keep a travel bag of toiletries packed at all times. This has been my biggest life saver! I travel often enough that I have a plenty of travel size shampoo, conditioner, and body wash along with lotions and face wash. I keep my toiletry bag packed and in the linen closet so that all I have to do is grab and go!
Not only do I pack travel size toiletries, I save space in the bag by using Schick Intuition. It has the shave cream right on the razor so you have one less thing to pack!
“It’s a simple and fast way to achieve smooth, beautiful legs at home or on vacation.” – Dr. Annie Chiu, Schick Partner Dermatologist
Schick Intuition is the simplest way for women to achieve smooth, beautiful skin and legs. No need for soap, shave gel or body wash.
2. If you travel often, having a stand-by list can make a big difference. Consider making a list of items you will always take with you, no matter what the nature of the vacation is. A checklist is nice to have so you don’t forget anything! And don’t forget to get the kids involved. I even have a kids’ travel checklist so they can help pack their own bags.
3. Roll, Don’t Fold! An interesting thing happens when you tightly roll clothes instead of folding them. If you smooth the garments while you roll them tightly, they are not nearly as prone to wrinkling. You may also find that you can fit a lot more clothing into your luggage this way.
4. It’s so easy to forget the little things. Here are some suggestions for little items that are easily forgotten, but which can make or break a vacation.
- Antibiotic ointment
- All prescription medications (also, make sure you have enough to carry you through your vacation, and find out if/where you can refill at your destination)
- Insect repellent
- After-bite treatment
- Feminine products
5. Before you start packing, find out and consider what will be provided at your destination. There may be soap, toothpaste, and towels, for instance. There may also be shampoo and conditioner. It can save a lot of space if you don’t pack what you don’t need!