This cold winter weather really does a number on my skin! I’m dry and scaley and itchy and I have tried everything to make it go away! Every year, I say I am going to get into a better winter skin routine. And every year, I fail!
The number one thing on my winter beauty routine is moisturizing. You’d think someone with dry skin would moisturize more often but I don’t! And when I do, my skin just drinks it all up. When starting my winter beauty routine, I needed to make sure that I had all of the essential products.
5 Products to Use This Winter
1. Body Butter: This ultra thick and creamy body butter is loaded with skin-loving ingredients of milk proteins, shea butter, olive & avocado oils – it deeply moisturizes for wonderfully soft skin. I like to put this on right after taking a shower.
2. Clinique Deep Comfort Hand Cream: My hands really suffer in the winter time. My allergies tend to come out in my hands and they crack, peel, and bleed. Using a thick hand cream like Clinique’s help strengthen my skin’s moisture barrier against environmental stressors.
3. Moisture Enhancing Gloves: When my hands get really bad, I’ll load them up with the hand cream and stick on moisture enhancing gloves. By doing this, my hand are isolated in their own moisture absorbing environment, where they can receive the full benefits of the penetrating cream.
4. Naked Bee Lip Balm: Not only do I use this on myself, but the kids like it as well. Their little lips have been chapped all winter so far and this is by far the best lip balm that I have used.
5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: I have been using this face moisturizer since high school! It has never failed me. I love that it is 100% fragrance free and allergy tested formula which makes my sensitive skin very happy!