Heading outside is always a wonderful option to enjoy the warm weather and get some exercise. Here is a list of 50 ways to get outside this summer!
School is almost out and it’s starting to feel like summer! Hot! Hot! Hot! While I loathe being outside when it’s hot out, my kids don’t. They don’t care if it’s 35 or 96 degrees out. They just want to be outside!
And that’s not a bad thing! The more they are outside, the less time they are on the iPad or playing video games. Even though they love playing outside, I still hear “I’m bored” after they are out there for about 5 minutes. So its time for mom to come up with a master list of things to do outside!
50 Ways to Get Outside This Summer
1. Create a mural with sidewalk chalk.
2. Blow bubbles.
3. Go for a nature walk.
4. Have a water balloon fight.
5. Go swimming.
6. Make your own slip and slide.
7. Run through the sprinkler.
8. Ride a bike.
9. Tour your city’s landmarks.
10. Hit the nearest water park.
11. Have a picnic.
12. Plant a garden.
13. Build a fort.
14. Pick fruit at the local farm.
15. Camp in your backyard.
16. Clean up your neighborhood by picking up trash.
17. Go bird watching.
18. Lay in the grass and watch the clouds.
19. Go on a photo safari.
20. Jump in rain puddles. No rain? Make your own!
21. Play baseball.
22. Get dirty and make mud pies.
23. Go on a treasure hunt.
24. Play backyard Jenga.
25. Discover a new park.
26. Go hiking.
27. Build a sand castle.
28. Grab a book and read under a tree.
29. Take a walk in the rain.
30. Go fishing.
31. Take a nap in a hammock.
32. Make a whistle from a blade of grass.
33. Build a treehouse.
34. Wade in the creek.
35. Hunt for seashells.
37. Go horseback riding.
38. Skip stones.
39. Build an obstacle course.
40. Walk to the library.
41. Play nature “I Spy.”
42. Fly a kite.
43. Make a water wall.
44. Go tubing.
45. Climb a tree.
46. Paint with water.
47. Set up an outdoor movie.
48. Catch fireflies in a jar.
49. Visit the zoo.
50. Wash the car!
Megan Galko (NEPA MOM) says
Great list and even cuter photo of your son! Thanks!
This is an amazing list! I can’t wait to go over it with my kids and see what they want to do!
Thanks for linking up with the Summer Family Fun linky party!
Love this and all the outdoor ideas!
I love this list! The best part is that I can totally use it with my two year old!
Lux Ganzon says
These are really really creative and (some) unique ideas! I love that aqua ball bottle. Murals in the sidewalk also is a brilliant idea. Will surely make the surrounding more artistic and colorful.
It’s my first time co-host a linky so thanks for linking with us at the Summer Fun Link Up.
Have an epic summer! 🙂