We are kicking our summer planning into high gear! My youngest’s last day of pre-school was the other day and before I know it, my oldest will be out too.
One thing that will get me through this summer is being prepared! Like a boy scout, moms always have to be prepared. For everything. And I have a few things that I keep handy to do just that!
7 Things I Can’t Live without This Summer
1. Sunscreen. While keeping the kids’ skin protected from the sun is super important, I am the one that burns! Since I always make sure to lotion myself up, I make sure the kids are protected by default. We spend a lot of time outside during the summer which means I have to have a lot of sunscreen in stock.
2. My camera. As quickly as summer comes, summer goes. So I have to make sure I have my camera on hand to capture all the moments, both big and small. Photographing during the bright summer days can be tough but thankfully I have a few tricks up my sleeve.
3. Water tumbler. Stay hydrated is a must, especially on those hot summer days! I find that I drink more water when I use a straw and I think this mason jar water tumbler is perfect for the summer.
4. My tablet. Yes, the summer is all about spending time with the boys but momma needs some time to herself too. One of the things I am implemented this summer is mandatory reading time, for both me and Ethan. It’s time to load up my tablet with some great summer reads and set a good reading example.
5. Outdoor blanket. I always keep this outdoor all-purpose blanket in my car. It’s perfect to lay down for a picnic or for an impromptu trip to the beach. The best part is that is folds and zips up and barely takes up any space.
6. My planner. Our extracurricular activities will soon be winding down but I still have article deadlines and doctor’s appointments and vacations to keep track of. I would be lost if it weren’t for my Erin Condren life planner. It really is life changing!
7. A tote. You need something to hold it altogether. I love a canvas bag because they are durable and easy to wash. I just throw everything I need inside and off we go on our next adventure!
Wanna know what other Moms can’t live without this summer? I’ve teamed up with seven other moms to spill the truth behind motherhood! Check out what they have to say.