This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Hi, my name is Stephanie and I have an Amazon problem. It all started about 5 years ago when I signed up for my Amazon Prime membership. And I have been hooked ever since. Forget to get a birthday present? I can have it at my front door in two days with free shipping. Need it sooner? I can pay a small shipping fee and have it the next day.
You have no idea how many times Amazon Prime has saved the day in this house. While it’s great to have, it does come at a cost. And, for some, that cost is a little steep.
Amazon Prime: Discounted Monthly Price
Recently, Amazon announced that customers who participate in government assistance programs can access Amazon Prime at a discounted monthly price. Currently, customers who have a valid Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card qualify for the discounted membership.
For a discounted membership, more people can access Amazon Prime and the many benefits. Prime members receive unlimited fast, free shipping on more than 50 million items with Amazon’s low prices, as well as unlimited access to the following benefits at no additional cost:
- Prime Video: Unlimited access to tens of thousands of movies and TV shows
- Prime Music: More than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage to preserve family memories
- Prime Reading: A rotating selection of free e-books and magazines
- Audible Channels for Prime: Premium original podcasts, audio series and audiobooks exclusively from Audible
- Kindle First: A free pre-release e-book each month
- Twitch Prime: In-game loot on Twitch and 20 percent off pre-release digital games
- Early Access: Exclusive early access to select Lightning Deals
- Savings: Discounts on select products including 20 percent off diaper subscriptions
- Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery: One million products, order by noon and get them today in eligible zip codes
- Prime Now: Free two-hour delivery on tens of thousands of items in eligible zip codes
Customers can qualify every 12 months up to 4 times. Amazon will be adding other ways to qualify in the future for customers participating in government assistance programs that do not utilize EBT. There is no annual commitment and members can cancel anytime.
Now almost anyone can benefit from having Amazon Prime. From groceries to clothing to school supplies, everyone can access the convenience of order through Amazon and having it delivered quickly. This can be so beneficial to people who may be home bound or with limited access to a car. Or a busy family who just may not have time to get to the store in time.