You don’t have to visit the orchard to have warm apple cider donuts! This recipe for baked apple cider donuts is quick and easy.
One of our favorite things to do in the fall is to visit the local farm to pick pumpkins and apples. The highlight of our visit is not picking out the biggest pumpkin or filling our bushel with apples. No, it’s snacking on warm, apple cider donuts.
A few weeks ago, I tried my hand at making an apple cider donut cake! It’s basically a giant apple cider donut. But it was time to make to the donuts.
I know our local orchard fries their donuts but I decided to bake them. We’ll be trying out a fried version later this week to compare. Once thing to note is that the donuts won’t come out golden when you bake them so don’t keep them in there thinking they will get golden. If you leave the donuts in too long, they will dry out and burn.
To make these baked apple cider donuts, you will need a donut pan. You can find these at any of your favorite home goods stores or you can order one on Amazon. You’ll also need fresh apple cider so swing by your local orchard for some fresh pressed apple cider.
Now that we have everything we need, it’s time to get baking!
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in cider, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Beat together until well blended.
- Fill each doughnut cup ¾ full. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until doughnuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- In a shallow bowl mix together white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Brush each doughnut with melted butter then toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly coated.
These baked apple cider donuts will keep for a few days in an air tight container but I can guarantee you that they won’t last that long. Ours seem to disappear as soon as they come out of the oven!