When it comes to crowd-pleasing appetizers or snacks, it’s hard to beat the combination of barbecue chicken and pizza. These Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels are wrapped up in refrigerated crescent or pizza dough for an easy and tasty snack!
Do you love barbecue chicken pizza? But don’t want an entire pizza? These Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels will satisfy your craving!
Imagine the delightful flavors of tangy barbecue sauce, tender chicken, gooey cheese, and fragrant herbs rolled up in a soft and flaky pinwheel. That’s exactly what you get with Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels!
What are Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels?
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels are a burst of flavor in every bite. The tanginess of barbecue sauce, combined with the savory notes of chicken and the richness of cheese, creates a mouthwatering explosion on your taste buds.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels are made with refrigerated pizza dough or crescent roll dough. Topped with barbecue sauce, bacon, chicken, and cheese, these pinwheels are rolled together for a bite-sized snack!
How to Make Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels
Making Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels is a breeze, thanks to their simple preparation steps. To make this easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels, you will need:
- wooden cutting board
- cookie sheet
- pizza dough or crescent roll dough
- barbecue sauce
- shredded chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese
To start, lightly flour a wooden cutting board. Unroll pizza dough or crescent roll dough onto cutting board. If you are using crescent roll dough, pinch all seams together.
Now you are are ready to assemble your pinwheels in four easy steps. Lightly brush your dough with barbecue sauce. You don’t too much or it will ooze out. Next, add crumbled bacon, shredded chicken, and cheddar cheese.
You are now ready to roll pinwheels. Roll width-wise (the longest side) for smaller pinwheels, and length-wise (the shortest side) for larger pinwheels.
Seal the edge and slice into 1-inch slices. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Other ways to make Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels:
One of the great things about Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels is that they are highly customizable to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients to create your own unique twist.
- Add extra vegetables to the filling, such as diced bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms, to add more texture and flavor.
- If you prefer a spicier kick, consider mixing in some sliced jalapenos or adding a drizzle of hot sauce.
- For cheese lovers, you can use a combination of different cheeses, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or Monterey Jack, to create a gooey and melty filling.
Looking for other tasty snacks? We think you’ll love these!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels
- 1 tube of refrigerated pizza dough or crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly flour a wooden cutting board. Unroll pizza dough or crescent roll dough onto cutting board. If you are using crescent roll dough, pinch all seams together.
- Lightly brush your dough with barbecue sauce. Next, add crumbled bacon, shredded chicken, and cheddar cheese.
- Roll dough width-wise (the longest side) for smaller pinwheels, and length-wise (the shortest side) for larger pinwheels.
- Seal the edge and slice into 1-inch slices. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 23mgSodium 308mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 7g
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels offer a delightful twist on the classic flavors of barbecue chicken and pizza. With their mouthwatering combination of tender chicken, tangy barbecue sauce, gooey cheese, and fragrant herbs, these pinwheels are a crowd-pleasing treat that will satisfy any appetite. Easy to prepare and highly customizable, they are perfect for any gathering, whether it’s a party or a casual family meal.