It’s not winter without hot chocolate! From your classic hot chocolate to yummy flavors to desserts make with hot chocolate, there are so many amazing recipes to try.
Is there anything better than a cup of hot cocoa on a cold, winter day? Hot chocolate is the key to our snow days! The boys always request it after they’ve been out playing in the snow.
Which is so nostalgic for me! It’s a memory from my own childhood. My mom or my sister would always make hot chocolate to warm us up after being out in the snow.
While it may seem easier to just open a packet of hot chocolate mix and heat up some water, but we all know the best hot chocolate is homemade!
Before you dive into the recipes, here are a few tips to help you make the best hot chocolate ever!
Tips to Make the Best Hot Chocolate Ever!
- Use high-quality chocolate. Good chocolate makes good hot chocolate! It’s definitely worth splurging on the high quality chocolate.
- Decide on thickness. Some people like their hot chocolate thick while others like it thinner. The kind of milk you use will determine the thickness. If you like it on the thinner side, use 1% or 2% milk. Like it thick? Use whole milk or even heavy cream!
- Use about 2 oz. chocolate for every cup of milk.
- Sweeten it up! While you may think that using white sugar is the way to go, there are other ways to sweeten up your hot chocolate. Try brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
- Step by step. In order to make the best hot chocolate, you want to make sure you follow the proper steps. Heat your milk and sugar up first, then add in your chocolate!
Now that you have the basics for making hot chocolate, it’s time to try some of the best hot chocolate recipes!
The Best Hot Chocolate Recipes
Classic Hot Chocolate
Skip the pre-made mixes and make homemade hot chocolate for your friends and family.
Hot Chocolate Flavors
Once you master classic hot chocolate, it’s time to experiment with flavor!
Spiked Hot Chocolate
And when you really need something more with your hot chocolate, you can whip up one of these spiked hot chocolate drinks.
Peppermint & Whipped Vodka Hot Chocolate Recipe
Warm up with this Peppermint & Whipped Vodka Hot Chocolate recipe, a festive holiday cocktail made with Whipped Vodka, crushed peppermint, and a delicious homemade hot chocolate.
Baileys Peppermint Hot Chocolate
The perfect hot chocolate is one with Baileys and Peppermint Schnapps and topped with whipped cream.
Hot Chocolate Mix-Ins
Take your hot chocolate to the next level with these fun mix-in and add-ons.
Recipes Made with Hot Chocolate
Just when you thought you couldn’t get any more hot chocolate in your life, these recipes made with hot chocolate enter the picture!
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles
These Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles just might blow your mind. They only require a few ingredients – including 2 packets of that hot chocolate mix sitting in your pantry.
CONNECT WITH A GRANDE LIFE!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!