This bacon, lettuce and tomato pasta salad will be a hit at your summer cookouts and picnics!
THANK YOU TO ACME MARKETS FOR SPONSORING THIS POST. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
While we still have a few weeks left of school, we are seriously into summer mode over here. Homework? What’s that? Can we play outside all night? Sure, why not. The ease of summertime also means that I am switching our weekly meal plan into quick and easy meals. Because when it’s hot out, who really wants to cook?
This past weekend, I decided to take a twist on a classic easy dinner in our house, BLTs. Instead of making sandwiches, I ditched the bread and broke it down into an amazing pasta salad! Yup, BLT pasta salad: bow tie pasta salad with bacon, (romaine) lettuce , and tomato!
Um hello, yummy salad! Because we all know everything is better with bacon! Am I right or am I right?
Before you dive head first into this salad, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Make sure the pasta is cooled! The last thing you want is wilted romaine lettuce so make sure you cool the pasta before mixing.
- Speaking of romaine, add the lettuce last! If you want to pre-make this salad, simply toss all of your ingredients except the lettuce and dressing. When you are ready to serve or before heading out to your summer get together, toss in the salad and dressing! This will keep the lettuce crisp and prevent it from getting soggy.
- This BLT pasta can be made up to 8 hours before serving. This makes it perfect for busy nights when you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry or if you are going to bring it for a summer party or picnic.
- Need a little more bulk? You can add chopped grilled chicken to add some more protein to your dinner.
The Signature brand, available locally exclusively at ACME Markets stores, includes more than 4,000 items – from coffee to juice, soup to cereal, fresh produce to fried chicken, and delicious prepared foods to trusted home staples – all with a 100% money back guarantee. While I buy my Signature products at my local ACME Markets stores, you can also find them at all Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
The Signature brand includes products across six product sectors — Signature SELECT™, Signature Kitchens®, Signature Farms®, Signature Cafe®, Signature Home™, and Signature Care™, including a wide assortment of pantry staples, delicious prepared foods, fresh produce and ingredients that bring delight to any dish.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked Signature Kitchens bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 4 slices of Signature Farms bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Signature Kitchens ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Signature Kitchens barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Then rinse pasta under cold water.
In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon and pasta.
Drizzle the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper.