All the flavors of a traditional caprese salad are brought together in a hearty pasta salad!
I have been on a major pasta salad kick this summer. It started off with my BLT pasta salad. And now I can not get enough of this easy Caprese Pasta Salad.
Caprese Pasta Salad
You can make a batch of this pasta salad on the weekend and have a light lunch throughout the week. All you need are your classic caprese ingredients (basil, fresh mozzarella, and tomatoes), some homemade pesto, and bowtie pasta.
You can use any form of pasta but I like to use Farfalle (or bowtie) in my pasta salad recipes. I feel like it holds the pesto (or dressing) well and doesn’t get soft and mushy. (You can get my homemase basil pesto recipe HERE).
This caprese pasta salad smells and tastes so refreshing and will be a staple in my kitchen through fall. You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s so much better next day as the pesto and olive oil have a chance to marinate all of the fresh ingredients.
How to Make Caprese Pasta Salad
Fill a large pot with water and boil your pasta according to the package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, quarter your tomatoes and cube your mozzarella.
When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Add your cooled pasta to a mixing bowl along with the tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto and olive oil.
Toss together and either serve at room temperature or refrigerate.
- 1 bag of Farfalle pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese ball, cubed
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a large pot with water and boil your pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, quarter your tomatoes and cube your mozzarella.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add your cooled pasta to a mixing bowl along with the tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto and olive oil.
- Toss together and either serve at room temperature or refrigerated.
Serving Size1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 213 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 24mg Sodium 219mg Carbohydrates 7g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 8g