Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a tried and true comfort food. This family fave is quick, easy and tasty. What more could you want in a soup?
I knew I was coming down with something. It started with itchy ears. Then a sore throat. And now I am in full blown under the weather status. And there’s only one thing that makes me feel a little better when I’m sick.
Chicken Noodle Soup.
Growing up, my mom always had Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup in the pantry because you just never know when someone is going to be sick. She would make me soup with some saltine crackers and it would help me feel better.
So when I started to feel off, I knew I had to make some soup. We purchase a rotisserie chicken almost every week at the grocery store. And every week, I say I am going to make chicken stock. But never do.
Until this week.
I pulled myself up off the couch and got the soup going. It’s really easy to make Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch and it makes your home smell wonderful.
To make Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch, all you need to do is throw a rotisserie chicken, carrots, celery, and onion into a large stock pot. Fill with enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil and let simmer on your stove for at least 4 hours. I let mine sit practically all day.
When you are ready, strain your stock removing bones and skin. Slice vegetables into smaller pieces. Bring your stock to a boil again and add egg noodles.
It’s really that simple!
Other homemade soup recipes:
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- Ham Bone Soup
- Garden Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Ready to make this Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup?
Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch
- chicken bones from rotisserie chicken, you will want the skin as well
- 4 carrots sliced
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place your chicken bones, carrots, celery, and onions in a large stock pot. Fill with enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring stock to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 4 hours (the longer the better).
- Strain stock and remove bones and skin. Slice carrots and celery into smaller pieces.
- Bring stock to boil and add egg noodles.