One of the most exciting items is the selection of cocktails for your New Years party. From punches to frozen cocktails to mocktails, there are many different drinks to choose from!
New Years Eve is a holiday which is largely associated with alcohol consumption. Those who attend these parties are likely to expect an array of interesting cocktails to celebrate the coming of the New Year and many hosts are more than willing to oblige their guests with an assortment of delicious and interesting cocktails.
Cocktails for a New Years Eve Party
In planning cocktails for a New Years Eve party, you should consider offering a wide variety of beverages throughout the night. This could include both hot, cold drinks and even frozen drinks.
Punches for New Years Eve
One of the most popular cocktail options for a New Years Eve party is punch which is served from a punch bowl. This festive cocktail is typically sweet and contains ingredients such as fruit juices, lemon lime soda and an array of alcoholic ingredients such as vodka and rum. Some hosts may even include champagne in the punch mixture. Adding a scoop or two of sherbet to the punch bowl also helps to cool the beverage and adds an additional layer of taste and texture to the mixture.Holiday Punches:
- Bourbon Spiced Cider Punch – Domesticate ME
- Holiday Punch Royale – Daily Dish Recipes
- Raspberry Sangria Punch Recipe – Snappy Gourmet
- Spiced Rum Punch Recipe – Kicking It with Kelly
- Poinsettia Spritz Punch – Half Baked Harvest
Mocktails for New Year Eve
When planning a New Years Eve party which will include children, it is important to plan on serving a wide variety of non alcoholic beverages in addition to the alcoholic cocktails for the adults. Non-alcoholic cocktails are also considered mocktails and can often be created to look just like the real beverages in a wide variety of colors, flavors and textures. Beverages such as the pina coloda, margarita and a variety of martinis can all be made in non alcoholic versions.
Mocktails for Everyone:
- Cherry Shirley Temple Mocktail Recipe – Home Cooking Memories
- Holiday Orange Cranberry Mimosa Mocktail – Rhubarbarians
- Cherry Mint Mocktails – Around My Family Table
- Blackberry Ginger Mint Mocktail – Veggies Save The Day
- Pineapple Holiday Mocktail – Slap Dash Mom
Signature New Years Eve Cocktails
Another popular option of a New Years Eve party is to offer one signature cocktail throughout the evening. This can be an item such as a Martini created specifically for the occasion with a seasonal feeling. An eggnog martini is an example of a beverage which is a great deal of fun as well as appropriate for the season. Champagne cocktails are also appropriate for a New Years Eve party. You can create a simply champagne cocktail by combining champagne with sweet vermouth and grenadine.
Signature New Years Eve Cocktails:
- Layered Raspberry Champagne Cocktail – KitchMe
- Lemon Ball Drop – ilistyle
- Champagne Shirley Temple – Sugar & Soul
- Pomegranate Mojito – Busy Being Jennifer
- Gold Shimmery Champagne Cocktail – The Flavor Bender
Hot Cocktails for New Years Eve
Hot cocktails are also popular options for a New Years Eve party. Spiked coffees and hot chocolates are always popular but for a more festive cocktail consider creating drinks with a hot cider base. You can create a luxurious hot chocolate cocktail by combining a butterscotch flavored liqueur with rich hot chocolate. An example of a hot beverage which is also quite festive is a hot cider spiced with cranberry juice and rum.
- Boozy Mexican Hot Chocolate – My Crazy Good Life
- Slow Cooker Mulled Wine – The View from Great Island
- Festive Hot Toddy – Fit Foodie Finds
- Toasted Almond Cocktail – Mix That Drink
- Hot Caramel Cocktail – Busy Mommy
Regardless of the type of cocktails you decide to serve throughout the evening, it is customary to offer a champagne cocktail at midnight.
You should begin distributing the champagne a few minutes before midnight to ensure everyone has their glass in hand to make a toast and take a sip of the bubbly champagne at midnight. Offering the champagne in an elegant glass and including a strawberry in the glass can create a more elegant presentation.