Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread combines your favorite pumpkin-spiced pumpkin bread with a tart cranberry surprise!
We have finally entered my favorite season of the year: the holiday season! I am resisted the strong urges to put my tree up early but I respected the turkey and waited until after Thanksgiving! But that didn’t stop me from starting my holiday baking early.
Because you can’t go wrong with baking! There are so many great flavors that help evoke the holiday feelings: cranberry, pumpkin, cinnamon, orange. I could go on and on! And what happens when you put all those flavors together…awesomeness! AKA this Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread. Stay with me…
Just Take Me to the Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread Already!
I get a lot of questions about my recipes from my readers! To better serve them. I like to share all of my tips and tricks with each recipe.
If you would rather skip over this info and get straight to the Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread – please scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the easy printable instructions.
How to Make Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread
As the holidays approach, I keep my pantry stocked with everything that I need to do all of my baking. This way I am not running to the store every other day for things that I need. We go through a lot of flour, sugar, and eggs during this time of year. For this Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread, you’ll need a lot of these essential holiday baking ingredients, like eggs, honey, and pumpkin puree.
If you are looking for something different to serve this holiday season, this bread is what you are looking for. You have your pumpkin and honey which make a sweet base. Then toss in some fresh cranberries and orange juice for a little tartness.
There are so many things you can do with this Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread:
- Add vanilla or orange juice/zest to icing.
- Add in your favorite nuts.
- You can use either fresh, frozen, or dried cranberries in the batter. I chose to use fresh to combat the sweetness of the bread batter.
- Skip the icing and make an orange butter instead.
Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread
If you love this Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread as much as I do, please give it five stars and help share on Facebook and Pinterest.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 large O Organics® egg
- 3/4 cup O Organics® pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP O Organics® Honey
- 1-2 tsp orange zest
- 1 TBSP orange juice, from the same orange you zested
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup fresh cranberries sliced in half
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk, plus extra as needed
- 2 TBSP dried cranberries, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8x4 inch loaf pan with oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients: egg, pumpkin puree, oil, honey orange zest, and orange juice.
- Slowly sprinkle your flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring with a fork until just moistened. The batter will be sticky.
- Gently fold in cranberries and transfer batter to your greased loaf pan.
- Bake on the center rack in the center of the oven for 45-50 minutes, using a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf to test doneness.
- Transfer bread to a cooling rack and whisk together your icing while the loaf cools.
- For the icing, combine powdered sugar with a small amount of milk and whisk until icing thickens into a thick glaze. Adjust amounts as needed to achieve your ideal thickness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 355 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 23mg Sodium 276mg Carbohydrates 69g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 45g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g
Looking for more recipes like this one? Check out my Good Eats Pinterest Board! Don’t forget to pin the directions for this Cranberry-Orange Pumpkin Bread so you can make it for yourself!