Classic or glazed, dipped in chocolate, or dunked in coffee, they’re the breakfast treat that you can have any time of day! And you don’t have to hit the donut shop to get them! You can simply make them at home!
You don’t need a deep fryer or a complicated recipe to make your favorite donuts at home. In fact, they are really simple and the kids will love helping out.
You can fry them. You can bake them. You can make giant donuts or mini donuts. The possibilities are literally endless.
Donut vs. Doughnut
Donut was originally a nicknamed spelling of doughnut. Technically both are correct and mean the same thing. There are different types of doughnuts such as:
- the original doughnut (the ring)
- bismarck (a filled doughnut, like a jelly filled)
- long john (the rectangular bar, usually filled)
- crueler (an eggy, light, french type dough)
- cake doughnut (a cake batter or cake dough, think like a fried cake mix)
How to Make Donuts
There are many different ways you can make donuts. Before you jump into making donuts at home, you need a few things. But don’t worry.
You don’t need any special kitchen equipment to make donuts at home so there’s no excuse not to make them right now!
Donut Recipes You Can Make at Home