If you’re a chocolate lover, you’ll love this moist, delicious double chocolate chip quick bread. Perfect for dessert OR breakfast!
My kids are always looking for an excuse to have chocolate in the mornings and this Double Chocolate Chip bread is a great excuse!
This bread is moist (thanks to applesauce!), chocolately, yummy and goes great with a tall glass of milk. You can make this bread as a morning snack or serve for dessert. The recipe is so versatile and will be a hit no matter what time of day you serve it!
I love making quick breads, especially during the winter. Quick bread recipes are so easy and straight forward. No fancy ingredients, no complicated kitchen techniques, and you can whip up a delicious bread in about 10 minutes. Waiting for the bread to come out of the oven is the hardest part!
Tips for making Double Chocolate Chip Bread:
- Make it a Triple Chocolate Chip Bread by adding a chocolate glaze on top! For glaze, melt 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan; stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons half and half cream. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over warm bread.
- You can also turn this recipe from bread to muffins! Just pour the batter into lined muffin tins.
- Love this double chocolate chip bread? Double the recipe and freeze the extra loaves to eat later in the week!
More quick bread recipes you might enjoy:
- Blueberry Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Cranberry Orange Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Bread
Ready to make Double Chocolate Chip Bread?
Double Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray two medium (9 x 5) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and applesauce and mix until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients stirring until just combined. Coat the chocolate chips with 2 T. flour and stir into batter.
Pour batter into greased loaf pans. Bake 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.