Dr Pepper® Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders are the perfect way to serve a crowd on game day!
Brought to you by Dr Pepper® and Albertsons Companies.
Are you ready for some football? It’s almost football season, which means we will be spending a lot of our weekends entertaining and watching a lot of games! I know some wives don’t enjoy the football season, but I am definitely one that does! I love getting together with friends and family, eating yummy food, and having a fun, relaxed weekend.
When prepping for football weekends, let’s face it, it’s all about the food. I’ve found small bites work best, like sliders, appetizers, and dips! You really can’t go wrong with a menu like that. A crowd favorite in this house? Dr Pepper® Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders!
Dr Pepper Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders are the perfect way to serve a crowd on game day! And they are super simple to make. All you need is a slow cooker, pork, barbecue sauce, and, of course, Dr Pepper (I like to grab my Dr Pepper and all my supplies at ACME). I like to think of it as my little secret ingredient. The sweetness of the Dr Pepper pairs perfectly with the pork, lending a great depth of flavor to an old favorite.
Prepping for game day is super simple when you use the slow cooker. In the morning, I throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker and have a delicious meal ready by game time! If the pulled pork is done before your guests arrive, simply turn it onto low until you are ready to eat. The kids love eating them as sliders and everyone can make theirs to their liking.
Set out a basket of rolls, coleslaw, and drinks, and you are ready to go. Everyone can grab what they want, when they want! That’s the beauty of prepping ahead. Not only can you stay out of the kitchen but you can enjoy the food (and game) as well.
Dr Pepper Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1 pork butt/pork shoulder roast (4-5lbs)
- salt, pepper & garlic powder
- 1 onion sliced (optional)
- 1 can of Dr Pepper
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- Rolls & coleslaw for serving
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the Dr Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- The meat will be very tender. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook an additional 30-60 minutes if desired.
- Serve on crusty rolls with coleslaw if desired.
Get ready for the big game by stocking up on Dr Pepper! Right now, if you buy any 2 Dr Pepper 12-Pack 12oz Cans, 6-Pack 16.9oz Bottles or 8-Pack 12oz Bottles and text FANGEAR to 811811, you can get a $5 Fanatics promo code. Follow instructions to send a photo of your receipt to get a $5 Fanatics promo code! Head over to www.GameTimeFanGear.com for more information!