Eat this easy beer and cheddar dip with soft pretzels, slices of baguette, crackers or chips!
It’s finally feeling like Fall around here. And you know what that means, all of the comfort food! With Fall, comes football and with football comes snacking. Some of my favorite Sundays are sitting around, watching football (no seriously) and snacking. My husband and I used to do this before kids and have continued this Sunday tradition. It’s a great time for everyone to just chill and relax.
Since we do a lot of snacking on Sundays, I try to come up with new recipes for us to try. Cheese dips are always a favorite and there are about a million ways you can make a cheese dip.
This beer and cheddar dip is so easy to make. You probably have all of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry! All you need is butter, flour, mustard, spices, milk, beer and cheese. See that’s all you need!
This Beer Cheese Dip is brought to you by fellow blogger, Michele, of West Via Midwest. I was given Michele’s site for the Fall version of Freaky Friday. I love a good cheese dip and when you put cheese and beer together you know it’s a perfect match! Michele’s recipe for Beer Cheese dip is really easy to make and only take a few minutes to come together! You’ll be dipping your pretzels and chips in this creamy cheese dip all weekend long!
What’s Freaky Friday you ask?
Freaky Friday is a blogging event that takes place every season. Bloggers are secretly assigned someone else’s blog, pick a recipe and make it to share on our own blogs! It’s not only a great way to find new recipes, but to find new blogs to read and share. Make sure you scroll to the bottom to check out of all the bloggers participating in the Fall Freaky Friday!
But let me tell you a little bit about Michele!
Michele is the hostess with the mostess! And she’s sharing all over mouthwatering recipes with you! She shares her entertaining tips and easy to follow recipes that make hosting any social occasion go off without a hitch. I can’t wait to try her Pepperoni Pizza Dip and Oven Baked Ribs.
Now back to the cheese!
This cheese dip only takes a few minutes to make and will be ready for an afternoon of dipping! You can serve your beer and cheddar dip with soft pretzels, sliced baguettes, chips, veggies, whatever! If you like this Beer and Cheese Dip, I think you’ll also really like this Restaurant Queso Blanco Dip.
Tips for making Easy Beer and Cheddar Dip:
- If you are making this cheese sauce as a dip for a crowd, keep it in a small crockpot to keep warm. This cheese will develop a skin on top if not kept warm and stirred frequently.
- You can easily reheat the leftover cheese sauce in a pan or in a small crockpot. But I doubt there will be any leftovers!
More dip recipes:
Ready to make this Easy Beer and Cheddar Dip for yourself?
Easy Beer Cheese Dip
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Beer (lager)
- 1 Cup Yellow Cheddar Cheese (packed tightly)
- 1 Cup White Cheddar Cheese (packed tightly)
- 1 Teaspoon Grainy Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Grate cheese, and measure out all other ingredients and have them ready to go.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan on medium high.
- Sprinkle flour over the top, using a whisk continuously stir and cook for 2 minutes to get rid of flour texture.
- Add mustard and slowly pour in milk whisking constantly until all lumps are gone.
- Add beer and stir.
- Bring to a boil and cook until it thickens (about 5-7 minutes.)
- Once thickened add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper to your own taste.
- Serve immediately.
- If you make this ahead you can warm it on low/ low medium heat until a nice even consistancy. If it gets too thick, you can thin with a tablespoon of milk. Be careful adding too much milk, it will get too thin quickly.
Take a look at all of our Fall 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- A Grande Life – Easy Beer Cheddar Dip
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Three Cheese Roast Beef Sliders
- Bowl Me Over – Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Healing Tomato – Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Hostess at Heart – Caramel Apple Pie Snack Mix
- House of Nash Eats – Slow Cooker Applesauce Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – White Cheddar Broccoli Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Lemon Blossoms – Maple Oven Roasted Carrots
- Life, Love & Good Food – Pasta Fagioli Soup Recipe
- Mildly Meandering – Saffron Rice
- Soulfully Made – Salted Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Margarita Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- The Speckled Palate – Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- West Via Midwest – Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Who Needs a Cape? – Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade