These Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. Ready in under 30 minutes!
I can not tell you how many times I have ordered chicken lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang’s. And every time I order it, I swear I am going to make it at home. And then I don’t.
Until now! Now I can have this delicious easy meal any time I have a craving.
Easy chicken lettuce wraps are surprisingly easy to make and are a healthy weeknight meal. They are a true 30-minute meal, even including the time to chop up the vegetables.
The secret is the sauce so please don’t skip the hoisin! Believe me, you will be disappointed if you do!
Tips for making easy chicken lettuce wraps:
- Substitute ground turkey for ground chicken.
- You could also use long leaves of romaine, cut into a few pieces, or even a hearty green, like swiss chard or collards.
- Leftover filling can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Add a splash of chicken broth if the filling looks dry before heating in the microwave or in a skillet.
More easy recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Spinach & Tomato Frittata
- One Post Cheeseburger Casserole
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Ready to make easy chicken lettuce wraps?
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can water chesnuts, diced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a mason jar. Screw on the lid and give it a good shake until all the ingredients combine, set aside for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté them for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms reduce to half their size. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the water chestnuts over medium high heat for 1 minute before adding in the garlic. Let the garlic cook for 30 seconds before adding in the ground chicken.
- Break the lumps in the ground chicken using a wooden spoon and let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes or until it cooks all the way through. Add the mushrooms back into the skillet and drizzle with the prepared sauce. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the filling to cool for a few minutes before filling in butter lettuce leaves. Top with sesame seeds.