These Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. Ready in under 30 minutes!
These versatile wraps have become a favorite for health-conscious individuals and food enthusiasts alike, offering a delightful combination of lean protein, vibrant vegetables, and a burst of flavors.
Easy chicken lettuce wraps are surprisingly easy to make and are a healthy weeknight meal. They are a true 30-minute meal, even including the time to chop up the vegetables.
The secret is the sauce so please don’t skip the hoisin! Believe me, you will be disappointed if you do!
Tips for making easy chicken lettuce wraps:
Choosing the Right Lettuce
The success of your chicken lettuce wraps heavily depends on the choice of lettuce. Opt for lettuce varieties with large, flexible leaves like butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce. These leaves will act as the perfect vessels for holding the flavorful chicken mixture.
Embrace Variety in Vegetables
While the traditional recipe includes water chestnuts and bell peppers, feel free to experiment with additional vegetables. Shiitake mushrooms, carrots, or bean sprouts can add both texture and nutritional value to your wraps.
Since soy sauce and hoisin sauce are already salty, be cautious with additional salt. Taste the filling before seasoning to avoid overpowering the dish. Experiment with other seasonings like cilantro, mint, or lime juice to add a refreshing twist.
Customize to Dietary Preferences
Chicken lettuce wraps are incredibly versatile and can be adapted to various dietary preferences. For a vegetarian option, substitute the chicken with tofu or tempeh. Adjust the sauces and seasonings to meet your taste preferences and dietary restrictions.
More easy recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Spinach & Tomato Frittata
- One Post Cheeseburger Casserole
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Ready to make easy chicken lettuce wraps?
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can water chesnuts, diced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a mason jar. Screw on the lid and give it a good shake until all the ingredients combine, set aside for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté them for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms reduce to half their size. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the water chestnuts over medium high heat for 1 minute before adding in the garlic. Let the garlic cook for 30 seconds before adding in the ground chicken.
- Break the lumps in the ground chicken using a wooden spoon and let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes or until it cooks all the way through. Add the mushrooms back into the skillet and drizzle with the prepared sauce. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the filling to cool for a few minutes before filling in butter lettuce leaves. Top with sesame seeds.
With roots in Asian traditions and a modern twist, these wraps offer a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that appeal to a wide range of palates. From the nutritional benefits of lean protein and vitamins to the ease of preparation and customization, chicken lettuce wraps have rightfully earned their place as a go-to dish for any occasion.