A creamy filling made with chicken taco flavors spread over a soft flour tortilla and rolled up to make the most delicious easy chicken pinwheels ever!
This past summer, the boys and I spent a lot of time trying and testing out new to us recipes. We tried everything from desserts to dinners to quick and easy lunches that we could pack for a long day at the ball field.
One of our favorites? Easy chicken pinwheels! There are so many different ways you can make easy chicken pinwheels but our absolute favorite is Chicken Taco Pinwheels.
What I love the most about these Chicken Taco Pinwheels that you can make the filling ahead of time and spread on your pinwheels throughout the week.
To make these pinwheels even easier, I used a rotisserie chicken (this is one of the reasons I buy one every week) and pre-made salsa. If you have the time, you could bake your own chicken and make your own salsa. But this momma rarely has the time to do that.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TACO PINWHEELS
To make chicken taco pinwheels, you will need shredded chicken, salsa, room temperature cream cheese, taco seasoning, and cheddar cheese.
Start by adding your cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa to a bowl and mix to combine.
You’ll end up with a creamy chicken filling!
Lay out your first tortilla and fill the middle with some of your creamy chicken filling, then roll it up tightly. You can wrap them in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
When you’re ready, remove from the fridge and slice into about 1 inch pinwheels.
These Chicken Taco Pinwheels make a great appetizer for a party or for a quick lunch in between baseball games.
Tips for Making Chicken Taco Pinwheels
- Want to take your Chicken Taco Pinwheels up a notch? Add diced jalapenos and cilantro!
- You can use any cooked chicken for this recipe. I prefer to use rotisserie chicken but leftover chicken will work as well.
- Add even more bulk to your pinwheels but adding fresh veggies like green bell peppers for a crunch!
- Use a sharp serrated knife to slice your 1 inch sections so your tortillas don’t get smashed.
Looking for more quick and easy recipes?
- Veggie Pinwheels with Greek Yogurt Dill Dip
- Creamy Tomato & Spinach One Pot Pasta
- Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- Spinach Strawberry and Walnut Salad with Creamy Raspberry Vinaigrette
Easy Chicken Taco Pinwheels
- 6 large tortillas burrito size
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, taco seasoning, chicken, salsa and cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Lay one of the tortillas flat on a cutting board and spread approximately 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture all over the tortilla.
- Roll up tightly.
- Place the tortilla rolls on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least one hour or up to one day.
- Slice the tortilla rolls into 1 inch pinwheels and serve.