Whip up this simple at-home mocha latte in minutes with just a few easy ingredients
Everyone knows that I have a slight addiction to a popular coffeehouse. But visiting multiple times a week can really take it’s toll on my wallet. So I am always looking for ways to save money at Starbucks.
One of those ways? Making my favorite drinks at home. This doesn’t mean that I’m still not hitting the drive thru. I’m just not doing it all the time.
What is in a Mocha Latte?
One of my favorite drinks to recreate at home is a Mocha Latte. This is really easy to make and you only need 3 ingredients: strong hot coffee, hot chocolate mix, and milk.
This warming drink, a treat for coffee and chocolate lovers alike, combines the two under a layer of creamy foamed milk. Skim milk foams easily and makes a deceptively lean, yet rich topping. Enjoy it in the morning, as an afternoon break, and as a lean, luscious, liquid dessert.
How to Make a Mocha Latte
Mocha Lattes require strong coffee. If you have espresso, you can use that as well! Brew your coffee or espresso first and then add the hot chocolate mix.
Stir it up really well and mix it around so that it’s really well combined. You want to make sure you don’t have any hot chocolate chunks floating around your latte.
It’s not a latte without foamy milk on top! If you have a frother, this is the time to create your foam! If you don’t, grab a small whisk and whisk the milk until it’s good and foamy. Slowly pour your foamed milk on top of your coffee.
This easy mocha latte wouldn’t be an indulgence if you didn’t add whipped cream or dust with some hot chocolate, or chocolate shavings. You can easily turn this mocha latte into a peppermint mocha by swirling a candy cane into your warm drink.
Easy Mocha Latte
- 8 oz hot brewed strong coffee
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Optional: whipped cream, additional hot chocolate mix for dusting, candy cane
- Stir together the coffee and hot chocolate mix in a large mug.
- Heat the milk on the stove to warm -- it should be around 100 degrees or just hot enough that you can only keep a finger in it comfortably for a couple of seconds. Remove from the stove and froth the milk using an aerator. Alternatively, whisk vigorously by hand until the milk foams, about 1 minute.
- Pour the frothed milk into the coffee. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and a dusting of hot chocolate mix.
- For a peppermint mocha, stir the coffee with a candy cane.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 460mg Carbohydrates: 88g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 67g Protein: 8g
Enjoy your Easy Mocha Latte at home and save some money!
Looking for more coffee drinks to enjoy at home? Try our Skinny Peppermint Mocha!