When you hear about a “no-cook” dinner, do you automatically think it means carrot sticks? While it certainly can, it doesn’t have to. On busy weekday or weekend nights when you don’t have time to cook over the stove, try some of these ideas. Here are some fast, no-cook dinner ideas.
Fast, No-Cook Dinner Ideas
Salad “Boats”: For this no-cook idea, you just need a boat. Whether it’s celery, endive, or avocado, you just need a vessel for your salad! Check out these fun ideas below:
- Old Bay Shrimp Celery Boats from Everyday Maven
- Endive Boats with Walnut Salad from Mama Likes to Cook
- Avocado Tuna Salad
Fruit Mix: Some summer days are so hot that just need to eat some fresh fruit! Cut up some fresh fruit and ball some melons, and put it all in a bowl. Serve with a side of plain yogurt drizzled with honey and some whole-grain crackers. Add some sliced cheese for the crackers and it’s a fast, fresh meal.
- Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad from Big Bear’s Wife
- Rainbow Fruit Salad from Simply Stacie
- Creamy Mango Fruit Salad from Tastes of Lizzy T
- Summer Fruit Salad from Happy Healthy Mama
- Ambrosia Salad from New South Charm
- Sugared Walnut Fruit Salad from Tastes of Lizzy T
Hummus & Pita Wedges: Even though these are no-cook ideas, you can toast the pita wedges to make pita chips for this meal. Simply serve the pita wedges with hummus!
- Easy Homemade Hummus from The Suburban Soapbox
- No Fuss Jalapeno Hummus from Home Cooking Memories
- Baba Ghanoush Hummus from Strength and Sunshine
- Butternut Squash Hummus from A Cookie Named Desire
- Loaded Mexican Black Bean Hummus from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Easy Black Bean Chiptole Hummus from Home Cooking Memories
Salad: You can raid the pantry for this one! Using lettuce as a base, let your family choose their salad toppings and sides. Put out a variety of dressings, too.
- Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame and Ginger Vinaigrette
- Fruity Nutty Salad
- Antipasto Salad
- Simple Dinners: Crunchy BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- Salad for a Crowd from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Kale Salad from What the Fork
Lots and lots of veggies: Chop up some veggies, toss with a dressing, and you have a crunchy meal!
- Cucumber, Avocado & Tomato Salad
- Lemony Broccoli Salad from Happy Healthy Mama
- Cucumber Tomato Salad from The Salty Side Dish
- Three Pepper Salad from The Bewitchin’ Kitchen
- Raw Brussels Sprouts with Apples Salad from Veggies Save the Day
- Garden Bean Salad from Food, Folks, and Fun
As you can see, there are lots of no-cook dinner ideas out there. Hopefully, your family will enjoy some of these soon!