Summer is just around the corner, and before we know it, the kids will be out of school again and we’ll be spending our afternoons at the pool! When it comes to cooking during the summer months, we tend to get a little tired of the same old thing. Meals out start to sound more appealing and we’re sick and tired of the usual.
These summer recipes are not only easy to make, but they’re a fun way to shake up your usual meal plan! There are snacks, dinners, and more to complete your summer meal plan.
Here are 20 fun recipes to try this summer!
20 Fun Recipes to Try This Summer
Snacks and Appetizers
Light snacks and appetizers are a must in the summertime! From pasta salads to fruit salads, these recipes are always a hit in the summer!
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Summer Salsa from Venture 1105
- Summer Fruit Salad from Fun Food Frolic
- Summer Vegetable Medley from Crowther Cafe
- Caprese Salad Recipe with Cherry Tomatoes from The Salty Side Dish
- Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad from Tastes of Lizzy T
When it comes to the main entrees during the summer, I look for Crockpot recipes and quick and easy meals!
- Beer-Boiled Shrimp with Fresh Corn
- Pineapple Pulled Pork from Moms with Crockpots
- Sriracha Honey Turkey Meatballs from The Starving Chef Blog
- Easy Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Six Dollar Family
- Grilled Plank Salmon from Mommy Evolution
- Grilled Caprese Zucchini Boats from Home Cooking Memories
I am all about the summer desserts! You can’t go wrong with some homemade ice cream and S’mores!
- S’Mores Dip
- Homemade Ice Pops from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
- Kool Aid Slushies from Eating on a Dime
- Banana Split Bites from Family Fresh Meals
- Iced Hot Chocolate from Eating on a Dime
- Fourth of July Fireworks Cupcakes from Family Fresh Meals
- Ice Cream in a Bag from Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Oreo Pudding Pops from Cincy Shopper