These classic glazed chocolate donuts are easy to make at home! Light and fluffy with a ton of chocolate flavor!
Chocolate Glazed Donuts are my all-time absolute favorite donuts on the world! If someone brings a dozen donuts, I will go straight to the chocolate glazed.
I always add them to my donut order and I finally nailed the recipe to make them at home.
This could be dangerous! They only take few minutes to whip up the batter and a few more minutes in the oven.
These donuts are best served right after making which isn’t a problem because they will be gone in a matter of minutes.
TIPS FOR MAKING AND SERVING GLAZED CHOCOLATE DONUTS:
— Use a Ziploc Bag to add the batter to the donut pan. Fill the bag with batter batter and cut a corner off to pipe into donut pan wells.
— Glazed Chocolate Cake Donuts are best served immediately. They are difficult to cover and the glaze will dissolve into the donuts.
LOOKING FOR MORE DONUT RECIPES? WE THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE!
IT’S SUPER EASY TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS!
Chocolate Glazed Donuts
You don’t need any special kitchen equipment to make Chocolate Glazed Donuts so there’s no excuse not to make it right now!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR COOKING ESSENTIALS, YOU ARE READY TO MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS!
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 8 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan very well and set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, both sugars, and salt well. Add melted butter, eggs and milk and beat until mixture is smooth. Add batter to a ziploc bag and cut a corner off to pipe into donut pan wells. Fill them no higher than 2/3 of the way up so they don't bake over.
- Bake donuts for 12-13 minutes or until they are firm and spring back when you touch them. Pop them out of the donut pan and onto a cooling rack to cool until warm to the touch.
- Whisk glaze ingredients in a small bowl and dip one side of warm donuts. Place on a cooling rack to allow glaze to dry.