Making grilled salmon in foil packs takes all the guesswork out of learning how to grill salmon!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ACME Markets. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of my favorite things about summertime is grilling! Most nights, our dinner revolves around the grill. Whether we are having burgers or barbecue chicken, we love grilling and eating outside during the summer.
This summer, we are broadening our horizons when it comes to grilling! After all, when you a steady rotation of hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken, it’s nice to switch it up a bit!
But, like with everything in life, change can be daunting!
I know, I am being a little dramatic here. It’s just grilling, right? But a lot of people feel intimidated with grilling, especially fish!
If you feel the same way as I do, I am here to help! A simple, fool-proof way to grill fish — foil packs!
How to Make Grilled Salmon in Foil Packs
When it comes to cooking or grilling any type of fish, it’s important to purchase the best fish!
When choosing your fish, look for salmon that is bright pink in color, that smells fresh but not fishy. I picked up Fisherman’s Net Salmon Portions while shopping at my local ACME Markets.
Bonus? If you want to skip the grilling, have their seafood department steam your seafood for free!
Now that you have your salmon home, it’s time to get grilling!
Why Foil Packs?
A foil pack eliminates two common problems with grilling salmon: dry fish that sticks to the grill!
Using foil to make a packet around the salmon traps moisture. It ensures the salmon turns out perfectly tender and flaky, not dry.
Also, you don’t have to worry about the salmon sticking to the grill!
Tips for Grilling Salmon in Foil Packs
- Build your salmon pack on a baking sheet so you can easily carry it to and from the grill!
- Layer your flavors! Add half of of your lemons and herbs on the bottom of your salmon. Top with the rest!
- Salmon should be grilled over medium heat, about 375 to 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes, until almost completely cooked through at the thickest part. The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon.
And there you have it! A simple and fool-proof way to grill salmon all summer long. And after you are done with dinner, don’t forget dessert!
Swing by the ACME Market bakery and grab their exclusive Signature SELECT™ Strawberry Shortcake! You can’t go wrong with a fresh Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
Grilled Salmon in Foil Packs
- Fisherman’s Net Salmon Portions from ACME Markets
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium (about 375 degrees F).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a large piece of aluminum foil. Lightly coat the foil with baking spray.
- Cut the lemons into thin slices and arrange half of the slices down the middle. Place the salmon on top.
- Drizzle the salmon with the melted butter. Season well with the salt and pepper. Scatter the garlic and top with the remaining lemon slices.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed. Leave room inside the foil for air to circulate.
- Place the wrapped salmon onto the grill. Close the grill and grill the salmon for 14-18 minutes, until the salmon is almost completely cooked through at the thickest part.
- Open the grill, and carefully open the foil so that the top of the fish is completely uncovered. Close the grill, and continue grilling until the fish is cooked through completely, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve with your favorite grilled veggies like asparagus or green beans.
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 102mgSodium 866mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 26g
I shopped at ACME Markets, but you can also find Signature SELECT™ exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
Did you know ACME Markets offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™? This is a convenient way to shop for your groceries!