Get your kids in the Halloween spirit with these luminaries! This post may contain affiliate links to help with the running of this fabulous blog.
I have to admit, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love to decorate but there is someone in the house who is not a huge fan of the day. My husband loathes Halloween. He hates the idea of getting dressed up (he doesn’t get the point) and hates even more the idea of dragging the kids around trick or treating.
But me? I love it! I love that the kids love picking out their costumes and love going trick or treating with their friends. Since I can’t decorate the way I would like (I would go all out, mind you), I do put a few things out here or there. I typically stick to decorating for fall but you do need some hints of Halloween here and there.
One of things I like to do to decorate is to have the kids make something, like our Upcycled Monsters. Sure we could do the paper plate Jack-0-Lanterns but I like to make things that can be pulled out every year and be put on display. I love these super easy Halloween Luminaries we made.
Halloween Luminaries for Kids
Glass or Plastic Jars – This is a great craft to upcycle those baby food jars!
Mod Podge or Paste
Colored tissue paper cut into squares
1. Pour Mod Podge on a plate or paint tray. Apply a thin layer to the outside of the jar.
2. Cover the jar with pieces of tissue paper.
3. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the tissue paper and let it dry.
4. Decorate your luminary! We made a pumpkin, spider, bat, and monster.
5. Place a lighted LED candle into each jar to make them glow.