Is Hawaii on your bucket list? Start making your list of things you want to do when you go by taking a virtual vacation.
Take a Virtual Hawaiian Vacation
One of the most popular national parks in Hawaii is Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. Take a virtual tour and explore the Nahuku Lava Tube, which is a cave formed by flowing lava, which can drain lava from a volcano during an eruption. On the tour, you can also enjoy the stunning view from the volcanic coastal cliffs, “fly” over an active volcano, and see the effects of an eruption from 1959.
Make a Hawaiian Dish.
There are so many great Hawaiian recipes to try!
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken from The Life Jolie
- Grilled Hawaiian Steak Kabobs from A Cedar Spoon
- Hawaiian Rice with Pineapple from The Salty Side Dish
Get crafty…Hawaiian style!
- Make a cupcake liner lei!
- Get a tropical feel with these pineapple pinecones!
- Make a braided Hawaiian Ribbon Lei Bracelet.
Watch a Hula performance.
Hula has many roots, with various traditions offering different origins of the art – reflecting the beauty of the Hawaiian respect for multiple perspectives in a way that does not need to be mutually exclusive.
Other Ways to Visit Hawaii at Home
- Put yourself on Waikiki Beach and other spots in and around Honolulu with these live web cams.
- Visit the long, golden beaches of the Valley Isle.