Thank you to Progresso Soup, Walmart and Acorn Influence for partnering with me on this post.
Fall has finally arrived and, with it, fall comfort food! We’ve had yummy crockpot dinners, chili, and, my favorite, soup.
Here’s where my family and I differ when it comes to soup. I love it and can eat it for just about any meal. But for some other members of my family, it’s just not filling enough. So I have been experimenting with ways to really beef up (no pun intended) our soup.
One of the easiest ways to do that is to serve it in a bread bowl. Nothing screams comfort food more than a warm bread bowl filled with soup. Am I right? You can make these bread bowls over the weekend and use them throughout the week for dinner.
To make this dinner even quicker, I like to keep Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodle soup on hand. Now is the time I stock up on Progresso soup so that when I need a quick and hearty dinner, I always have something!
Combined with the premade bread bowls, I have a real dinner, real fast, any day of the week. With quality ingredients including antibiotic free, all white meat chicken, Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodle soup is perfect on these cool fall nights.
- 1 1/4 C water
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 C bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp wate
- Heat water.. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water, allow to proof for 5-10 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer, with dough hook attachment. With mixer running on low, add in yeast mixture. Increase speed to medium. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Continue mixing until dough comes together. Add additional flour or olive oil as needed. Transfer dough to a large greased bowl. Cover and allow to rise for one hour, or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Shape each section into a smooth ball, place on prepared baking sheet. Loosely cover with a clean towel. Allow to rise for 30 additional minutes in a warm location.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine egg white and water. Carefully create 1-2 slices in the top of each roll, roughly 1/4-inch deep. Brush with egg wash mixture. Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes. Brush rolls again with egg wash mixture. Continue baking for 10 additional minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then using a sharp knife, carefully remove he center of the rolls to create a bowl. Remove additional bread from the inside by hand, as needed.
- Fill and enjoy!
Pick your favorite Progresso soups up at Walmart!