This homestyle sausage stuffing is moist and packed with amazing flavor.
This post is sponsored by Hatfield and SheKnows Media.
My family and I are so ready for the holidays! I have been testing out some new yummy recipes that will be on our table and they are not complaining. My first hit? This homestyle sausage stuffing! My oldest (who is my picky eater) declared it the best stuffing ever. That’s how we know a recipe is a winner.
When it comes to holiday recipes, I look for simple, easy recipes that can be prepped ahead of time. Not only do my recipes need to be simple, the ingredients need to be simple, too.
Hatfield is one of Pennsylvania’s heritage brands. Hatfield products are all about keeping things delicious, simple and stress-free in the kitchen so that you can spend time with your family. Mealtime is family time – no matter where the meal takes place! Their Recipe Essentials Ground Pork is a huge time saver for me! With simple, flavorful foundational ingredients that add flavor to any dish, Recipe Essentials help me get creative in the kitchen without any hassle. Looking for Hatfield product? Check out the product locator on their website.
Back to the stuffing!
You can prep this homestyle sausage stuffing a few days in advance. Just cook your sausage (save the drippings!) and veggies and mix together with your cubed bread. Let it chill in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to cook. In fact, I think the stuffing tastes even better after it’s had a chance to “marinate” in the sausage goodness for a few days.
This homestyle sausage stuffing is so easy that you can make it year-round, not just during the holidays! Just don’t forget the sausage!
Homestyle Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lb Hatfield Recipe Essentials Ground Pork
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 8 cups white bread cubes
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans of low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook sausage. Drain. Leave sausage drippings in pan for next step.
Melt butter in sausage drippings. Saute onions and celery in butter/dripping mixture until onion is tender. DO NOT BROWN.
In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage and vegetables along with bread cubes.
Pour the cans of chicken broth and seasonings over stuffing mixture and mix well.
Bake 25 minutes, uncovered for a crunchy top or cover with aluminum foil for a soft top.
Homestyle Sausage Stuffing tips:
- If cooking stuffing inside your turkey, use only 1 can of chicken broth or your stuffing will be too wet.
- Make ahead of time and pop in the oven when ready!
- Substitute Hatfield Recipe Essentials Country Ground Sausage or Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage to try new flavors.
- Try using different kinds of bread like whole wheat or cornbread.
- Add in cranberries or nuts for even more flavor.
What Hatfield products are you excited to cook with this holiday season? Let me know in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via firstname.lastname@example.org email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 11/20/17-12/31/17.