This homestyle sausage stuffing is moist and packed with amazing flavor. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner — or any night! Prep ahead to save you time in the kitchen.
My family and I are so ready for the holidays! I have been testing out some new yummy recipes that will be on our table and they are not complaining. My first hit? This homestyle sausage stuffing! My oldest (who is my picky eater) declared it the best stuffing ever. That’s how we know a recipe is a winner.
When it comes to holiday recipes, I look for simple, easy recipes that can be prepped ahead of time. Not only do my recipes need to be simple, the ingredients need to be simple, too.
Just Take Me to the Homestyle Sausage Stuffing Already!
I get a lot of questions about my recipes from my readers! To better serve them. I like to share all of my tips and tricks with each recipe.
If you would rather skip over this info and get straight to the Homestyle Sausage Stuffing – please scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the easy printable instructions.
How to Make Homestyle Sausage Stuffing
You can prep this homestyle sausage stuffing a few days in advance. Just cook your sausage (save the drippings!) and veggies and mix together with your cubed bread. Let it chill in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to cook. In fact, I think the stuffing tastes even better after it’s had a chance to “marinate” in the sausage goodness for a few days.
When you’re ready to cook, pour chicken broth and seasonings over your stuffing mixture and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes. If you like a crunchy top, do not cover. If you prefer a softer top, cover with aluminum foil.
This homestyle sausage stuffing is so easy that you can make it year-round, not just during the holidays! Just don’t forget the sausage!
Homestyle Sausage Stuffing tips:
- If cooking stuffing inside your turkey, use only 1 can of chicken broth or your stuffing will be too wet.
- Make ahead of time and pop in the oven when ready!
- Substitute Hatfield Recipe Essentials Country Ground Sausage or Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage to try new flavors.
- Try using different kinds of bread like whole wheat or cornbread.
- Add in cranberries or nuts for even more flavor.
Homestyle Sausage Stuffing
If you love this Homestyle Sausage Stuffing as much as I do, please give it five stars and help share on Facebook and Pinterest.
- 1 lb Hatfield Recipe Essentials Ground Pork
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 cups white bread cubes
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans of low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook sausage. Drain. Leave sausage drippings in pan for next step.
- Melt butter in sausage drippings. Saute onions and celery in butter/dripping mixture until onion is tender. DO NOT BROWN.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage and vegetables along with bread cubes.
- Pour the cans of chicken broth and seasonings over stuffing mixture and mix well.
- Bake 25 minutes, uncovered for a crunchy top or cover with aluminum foil for a soft top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 368 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 79mg Sodium 344mg Carbohydrates 20g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 17g
Looking for more recipes like this one? Check out my Good Eats Pinterest Board! Don’t forget to pin the directions for this Homestyle Sasusage Stuffing so you can make it for yourself!