Sweet potato tacos with black beans, vegetables and a hint of honey and lime. A must try taco filling recipe for Fall!
Confession: I never had a sweet potato until just a few years ago. True. Story.
The first time I tried sweet potatoes was on a trip with ACME. We spent the day cooking and learning about their products and ended with an amazing lunch. One of the things on the menu were these Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos. They just looked too good not to try!
And now, I make them all the time!
If you’d rather skip right to the Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What’s in Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
Well, the name kinda speaks for itself doesn’t? Here is what you need to make them yourself:
- sweet potatoes
- black beans
IT’S SUPER EASY TO MAKE Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos!
How to Make Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean TacosMaking Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos couldn’t be any easier! Roast your sweet potatoes in the oven with olive oil and seasoning. While they are roasting, heat your onions, black beans, and corn. Toss together and assemble your tacos!
To finish your tacos, top them to your liking! You can top them with lettuce, diced avocados, salsa, or Cotija cheese.
Honey-Lime Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled if desired and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Cilantro, optional
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: lettuce, Cojita cheese, diced avocados, Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil then place sweet potatoes on foil. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste then toss to evenly coat. Bake in preheated oven 15 - 20 minutes until tender, removing from oven and tossing once halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add onion and saute until caramelized (golden brown on edges and tender), about 5 - 6 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sauteing. Reduce heat to medium-low, add in drained black beans, corn, honey and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro. Serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.