As a blogger, you can feel as if you have to be tied to your computer all day in order to get things done. I used to fell the same way. But then I discovered some really great apps on my smartphone that helped me get some blogging done while I was on the go.
Whether you are at conference, social media event, or just on vacation, these apps will help you keep tabs on your blog without being tethered to your desk.
1. Blog Platform App – The first thing I did when I got my new phone was download the WordPress app. If you are on Blogger, there is also an app for that. With the app, you can approve (or remove) comments, write a post, and check your stats. If I am going to do a photo heavy post or a photo dump post and the photos are on my phone, I will upload them from phone through the app. Saves me time from sending them to my email, downloading, and uploading again.
2. Talk to Text – I use this lot, especially for posts that I can’t seem to get from my brain to my fingers. I will just talk them out. I will talk into the app and save the post. When I have time to sit down at the computer, I will then go in and tweak the formatting, add links/pictures. etc.
3. Evernote – Evernote has seriously changed my life! I’m not kidding. I use this to as a virtual notebook. See a post I want to read later? I save it to Evernote. Have a post idea? I put it in Evernote. Evernote syncs from my phone, iPad, and computer so no matter where I am, I can access my virtual notebook. I will also use Evernote to draft blog posts.
4. HootSuite – I think you all know how much I love HootSuite. If I am being honest, I love the mobile version better than then the desktop version. I use it to schedule tweets, keep up with friends, and get my news.
5. Instagram – I mean, really, how doesn’t love Instagram! It’s great way to document your day and have pictures ready and edited for when you get a chance to actually sit down and blog.
6. Facebook Page App – This is a great way to monitor your blog’s Facebook page. The notifications are better than the regular ‘ole Facebook. You can check your stats, check your page’s messages or even see who has recently “liked” your page.
7. Google Drive – I have a slight addiction to Google Docs. Having the Google Drive app keeps them in my pocket and they are there whenever I need them. It’s a great way to have all of your important documents in one place. You can upload any document onto your Google drive and have access to them wherever you go.
8. PayPal – What does PayPal have to do with blogging? Well, if you make any kind of money on your blog, chances are you being paid with PayPal. With the app, you can check your balance, send invoices, receive money and transfer your money to your bank account.
Looking for more blogging tips? Make sure you follow my Better Your Blog – Blogging Tips and Tricks Pinterest Board. Don’t forget to pin Blogging on the Go!
Originally posted 2013-04-03 07:18:49. Republished by Blog Post Promoter