‘Tis the season of family photos. And ’tis the season of head swapping. We’ve all been there. You are trying to get the perfect picture for your holiday card. Of course, the kids don’t cooperate. You think you finally got the one and one isn’t looking.
But there is a way you can fix it. And you don’t have to have fancy Photoshop. Although, if you do, I recommend learning how to do head swapping with Photoshop. Afterall, you bought the program, why not learn how to use it!
If you don’t have Photoshop, there is a great online photo editor that you can use, PicMonkey.
Last night, a friend put out a cry for help in head swapping the below pictures for her holiday cards. In literally 3 minutes, I had it done for her. And here’s how I did it!
How to Head Swap Using PicMonkey
1. Choose two pictures that are similar in lighting and posing. Usually they will be taken within seconds of each other. This is a good reason to shoot in Burst mode when taking pictures of your children. I used the two pictures below.
2. Open the first photo in PicMonkey. Then using the overlay tool, open the second photo.
3. Next, place your overlay on top of the original image. Still using the overlay tool, switch to “Eraser”. Erase away everything but the head you are swapping.
4. After you are done erasing everything you don’t need, line the “good” head up over the bad head.
5. Voila! Now, Sarah from Nurse Loves Farmer has the perfect holiday card picture!