This leftover BBQ Chicken and Rice Casserole is quick and easy to make, perfect for a summer night!
We have reached the time during the summer where I just don’t want to cook. Ever. It’s too hot to stand over a stove. And I am terrified of the grill (yes, I am). And who wants to cook when they can spend a lazy afternoon at the pool. So I have been on a mission to find quick and easy meals that take little to no effort.
One way to do that? Use those leftovers!
Just Take Me to the Leftover BBQ Chicken & Rice Casserole Already!
I get a lot of questions about my recipes from my readers! To better serve them. I like to share all of my tips and tricks with each recipe.
If you would rather skip over this info and get straight to the Leftover BBQ Chicken & Rice Casserole – please scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the easy printable instructions.
We grill (ok, my husband grills) a lot during the summer and we always have plenty of leftovers. From steak to chicken, we make extra because everyone devours it.
Unfortunately, those leftovers we do have, we seem to never to touch. And we hate to waste food. I have been trying to make a conscience effort to take those leftovers and turn them into another meal. A great way to stretch meals and your budget!
And the best part? You can easily whip this casserole together and have it ready to pop in the oven. You could even throw it together the night before. Bake for 20 minutes and you’ll have a warm and cheesy dinner.
Leftover BBQ Chicken and Rice Casserole
If you love this Leftover BBQ Chicken and Rice Casserole as much as I do, please give it five stars and help share on Facebook and Pinterest.
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 cups, shredded leftover BBQ chicken
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 to mato, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl or baking dish, stir together rice, 1 cup cheese, chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and barbecue sauce until combined. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warmed through. Remove from the oven, and drizzle the top of the casserole with a little extra barbecue sauce, and top with your desired (optional) garnishes.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 285 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 40mg Sodium 690mg Carbohydrates 35g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 13g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 15g
Looking for more recipes like this one? Check out my Good Eats Pinterest Board! Don’t forget to pin the directions for this Leftover BBQ Chicken& Rice Casserole so you can make it for yourself!