When it comes to pasta dishes, sometimes all you need is a burst of freshness and tang to elevate your meal. Lemon spaghetti with shrimp is a delightful recipe that combines the zesty flavor of lemons with the succulent taste of shrimp. This vibrant dish is perfect for any occasion, from a quick weeknight dinner to a special gathering with friends and family.
If you’re craving a refreshing and zesty pasta dish that’s perfect for summer, look no further than lemon spaghetti with shrimp. This recipe combines the bright flavors of lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs with succulent shrimp, creating a light and satisfying meal.
The tangy lemon sauce coats the al dente spaghetti, while the juicy shrimp adds a touch of seafood goodness. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply enjoying a cozy evening at home, this lemon spaghetti with shrimp recipe is sure to impress your taste buds.
Tips for Making Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- For a vegetarian option, you can omit the shrimp and add some sautéed vegetables like cherry tomatoes, zucchini, or spinach to the lemon spaghetti.
- To add some heat, you can incorporate crushed red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper into the lemon sauce.
- For a creamier version, you can stir in a couple of tablespoons of heavy cream or Greek yogurt into the sauce before adding the pasta.
- Remember to taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, or lemon juice according to your preference.
You will love it for it’s simplicity and for how quickly it can be put together on a busy weeknight, or for those special weekend suppers.
More pasta recipes you may enjoy:
- How to Make Homemade Pasta
- One Pan Creamy Ham & Peas Pasta
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- 1¼ lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest, from 2 lemons
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Pasta Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb Academia Barilla Spaghetti
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- lemon zest, from one lemon
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a bowl toss together the shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, chopped parsley and minced garlic.
- Set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When water reaches a rapid boil, toss in the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in a single layer, for about 2 minutes turning them over once.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to cook the shrimps in 2 batches.
- Once shrimps are cooked transfer to a plate.
- Whisk together the ½ cup extra virgin olive oil and ⅓ cup lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the spaghetti reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to your skillet with the lemon sauce and a little bit of the pasta water. Toss well.
- Add in the parsley and lemon zest and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in a little more pasta water to moisten if needed.
- Once plated, sprinkle more Parmesan cheese and add a small drizzle of EVOO if desired.