This bright and bold lemon spaghetti dish features succulent shrimps marinated in EVOO, lemon, minced garlic and parsley.
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Academia Barilla and Bialetti products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
My husband started a new tradition with our little family a few years ago, Sunday Spaghetti Dinner. Growing up, my family always spent Sundays at my grandmothers where, of course, we would have spaghetti. So when he wanted to start that back up again, I was all for it.
But here’s where I have a confession. Eating spaghetti and meatballs every single weekend can get a little boring. So often, I will make myself something different to have. The kids? Well, they could care less. They love their daddy’s spaghetti and meatballs.
For me, it all comes down to the pasta. It has to be good pasta and, if I am being honest, Academia Barilla has top notch pasta. I was skeptical at first at what the big deal was. And after I had one bite, I knew there was huge difference. Academia Barilla is the ultra-premium, best-in-class pasta Restaurant-quality pasta you can make at home.
I don’t know why but I have recently been on a shrimp kick. Maybe it’s that Spring has finally decided to come and I love grilled shrimp. For my Sunday spaghetti dinner the other week, I threw together this Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp. It’s super quick and easy and light. Which means I will be making it a lot this summer!
To make this Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp, I used some new pots and pans that I recently received from Bialetti. Being the klutz I am, the Bialetti pasta pot ensures I don’t accidentally spill hot water on myself. Go ahead and ask me how many times that has happened! And the Bialetti skillet? Game changer!
And guess what? You can win BOTH and MORE below! But first…back to the spaghetti.
You will love it for it’s simplicity and for how quickly it can be put together on a busy weeknight, or for those special weekend suppers.
More pasta recipes you may enjoy:
- How to Make Homemade Pasta
- One Pan Creamy Ham & Peas Pasta
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- 1¼ lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest, from 2 lemons
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Pasta Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb Academia Barilla Spaghetti
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- lemon zest, from one lemon
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a bowl toss together the shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, chopped parsley and minced garlic.
- Set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When water reaches a rapid boil, toss in the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in a single layer, for about 2 minutes turning them over once.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to cook the shrimps in 2 batches.
- Once shrimps are cooked transfer to a plate.
- Whisk together the ½ cup extra virgin olive oil and ⅓ cup lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the spaghetti reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to your skillet with the lemon sauce and a little bit of the pasta water. Toss well.
- Add in the parsley and lemon zest and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in a little more pasta water to moisten if needed.
- Once plated, sprinkle more Parmesan cheese and add a small drizzle of EVOO if desired.