Episode 6×1 & 6×2: LA X
I was so freaking confused last night it wasn’t funny. But I will try to do my best and recap.
Let’s start with the Easter Eggs. Did you see them?
- The Dharma shark swimming around.
- Rose told Jack “It’s gonna be ok you know.” Jack said that to her in the original scene.
- “823” on the Ajira Crate
- The pen that Kate uses to try to remove her handcuffs is Jack’s ‘missing’ pen that he couldn’t find when he was trying to save Charlie.
Things we found out.
- We found out what was in Hurley’s guitar case.
- The bomb created two timelines: one where they never made it to the island and one where they did. Or was it a flash foward? (I told you I was confused.)
- The smoke monster is the man in black.
- At the end of the episode we see Sayid “resurrect”. Could he be Jacob in a Sayid suit?
Already the season has started with a lot of religious undertones. From what we’ve seen so far, it appears that Jacob would be the Jesus-like character, while “Locke”/Monster/Man in Black is the Satan character. It’s the classic good versus evil smack down.
- Locke/Monster saying he wants to “go home” could be the fallen angel/Lucifer/Satan trying to return to heaven.
- Richard and Locke/Monster as well as Jacob seem to be immortal – we’ve seen them throughout all seasons and they never aged.
- Richard could be either another fallen angel who turned to the good side, helping Jacob/Jesus, or he could be Judas atoning for his sin by helping Jacob/Jesus, which is probably why he was in chains at some point.
- Ben seems to be bound to Locke/Monster now in some way, after having been tricked into killing Jacob/Jesus.
I will be one unhappy girl if this whole show, in fact, turns out to be purgatory. I know, I know, they said it’s not. But when have they ever been honest with us.
And I’ll end with my favorite line of the night.
Ben: So you’re the monster.
Locke: Well, I wouldn’t go name calling.