Mocha Crinkle Cookies are a decadent chocolate-coffee flavored cookie that will remind you of rich fudgy brownies.
DAY 11 OF THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES: MOCHA CRINKLE COOKIES
You guys, these are my cookies. Chocolate and coffee is always a win in my box and these Mocha Crinkle Cookies are it!
If you are looking for a cookie for an upcoming cookie swap, these Mocha Crinkle Cookies would be my go-to. You can make a lot of cookies in a short amount of time and everyone will love them!
Though this recipe can be a little time consuming, it is so worth it! Waiting for the dough to chill is the hardest part. But an important step that you can’t skip.
Tips for making Mocha Crinkle Cookies:
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for a faster cleanup!
- Roll the cookie dough twice in the powder sugar to get a great crinkled top.
- For stronger coffee flavor, increase instant coffee to 1/3 cup.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR MOCHA CRINKLE COOKIES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD FOR LATER.
MOCHA CRINKLE COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter, no substitutes
- 5 squares, 1 ounce each unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave or saucepan, heat butter, chocolate and coffee until chocolate is melted; cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and salt. Add sugar and brown sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
IF YOU LOVE THESE MOCHA CRINKLE COOKIES, CHECK OUT SOME MORE OF OUR FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES AND THE REST OF THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES HERE!