One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole is delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes!
It’s that time of year where I have little time between the kids coming home from school to when we have to leave for after-school activities. This is the time of year that I rely on quick and easy meals that everyone will love.
One pot meals are my go-to! You simply throw everything in the pot and in 30 minutes you have dinner ready! They don’t require a lot of prep-work which is always a plus in my book.
This One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole has become a family favorite! It has the flavors that everyone loves and doesn’t complain about eating. It makes a ton so you can have it again for leftovers or send for school lunches (gotta love a Thermos!).
One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, mustard, pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato, if desired.
Check out some of our other favorite one pot meals!